Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [Rant]Whould you like your password with that?
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
MrAndrews

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:04 pm   Post subject: RE:[Rant]Whould you like your password with that?

Bell security really is insanely lax though . . . once i was trying to set up a wireless router, but needed my parents' account information in order to get it to connect. So i called up Bell, told them i needed the information for this line, and without asking for a username, password or anything else, the just gave it to me.
Good News: I have Wireless Internet now.
Bad News: Once my parents found out i had acessed(sp) their info, i wasn't allowed to use it for a few weeks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:22 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:[Rant]Whould you like your password with that?

MrAndrews @ 1st June 2008, 4:04 pm wrote:
Bell security really is insanely lax though . . . once i was trying to set up a wireless router, but needed my parents' account information in order to get it to connect. So i called up Bell, told them i needed the information for this line, and without asking for a username, password or anything else, the just gave it to me.
Good News: I have Wireless Internet now.
Bad News: Once my parents found out i had acessed(sp) their info, i wasn't allowed to use it for a few weeks

This reminds me when i was yong and my parents wanted to switch from dail up to DSL however the credit card we where going to use for it was with my dad and he was on a business trip and out of reach. Since i did not want to wait a week to get DSL i logged in to the sympatico billing site and looked under the payment infromation where it listed the last 4 digiets of the credit card and the rest where astricks. I was dispoited but i looked at the source code of the page for kicks (since i had a week befor DSL any way) and i found that the stars where just being added with javascript and the hole credit card number and expire date where in the javascript in the source code of the page. This was befor they did that added 3 security diggits thing and i was able to order the DSL with the info i found there to the suprises of my parentes.

Also and update on my connection issues, i still only have 1/2 working dail up and calling up tech support today got a rather funny responce where they prity much sugested chaning to rogers cable as it would not be effected by the mysteres "local system outage" and they also side that we where a low proirity compared to the business that need support as they pay more. Also we where basicly told that we where worng about it being out from firday night and that it was only out since noon today, aprently they claim this beuces the contract says we get money off our bill if the connection is out for more then 24 hours. This time they clamied the outage will be fixed by 12 tonight and to call them back tomore, i am still rather speciktial tho this last guy did speak english and seems to be more knowalge and claimed the outage was in all of baden, ontario for bell (other then business users who pay more the us lowley home users).
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Insectoid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:56 pm   Post subject: RE:[Rant]Whould you like your password with that?

Hmm, I suppose you could go sue now, as they are stealing money and lying to cover it up.

I supose once I'm out of the house and fully awesome at hacking and such I shall start stealing internet from them.
Aziz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:57 am   Post subject: RE:[Rant]Whould you like your password with that?

Perfect solution for giggernets (must be done as a mass movement to work):

1) Download the intarwebs
2) Steal Bell's fiber lines
3) ?????
4) PROFIT

We're with TekSavvy at home (Leamington, so I'm not sure where the CO is, I think Chatham? http://www.telcodata.us/telcodata/ratecenter?ratecenter=Leamington&state=ON have no idea what it means though).

I was getting like max 15kB torrent speeds, so I figured we had the DSL light (288K) service. So I called up to see about upgrading, and they said I actually had 5M service, and took me through a bunch of test steps. My speeds DL and UL speeds were right, but they said my latency was a little off. They told me I had probably got attacked by Bell, that they had throttled the line and were going to put a ticket in to it. My speeds were a bit better, sometimes torrenting at 300, but more ofter 150 and now its usually about 50 (but they aren't well seeded). I know longer get slow web speeds, either, which was an issue before.

I like TekSavvy as the customer support is good, and that usually is what does it for me. First of all, they're all English (and local too I believe), and that's a plus. They're nice and helpful -- and they hate Bell as well (at least that was the impression).

I am going to have to contact them again soon to see how that went.

I should also try to call Bell and steal someone's account info, and then throw it in their (Bell's) face that they suck.

Communication companies are in the same boat as airline companies, and I hope they all drown.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:13 am   Post subject: RE:[Rant]Whould you like your password with that?

Quote:

1) Download the intarwebs
2) Steal Bell's fiber lines
3) ?????
4) PROFIT

Ooh, I like that plan!
Aziz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:19 am   Post subject: RE:[Rant]Whould you like your password with that?

The ???? is my favourite part, really.

It's like a big box of suprise. Could be "Suprise, MUDKIPS!" or "Suprise, B-

Wait. I don't think I can finish that =/
Insectoid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:17 am   Post subject: RE:[Rant]Whould you like your password with that?

It's like in that episode of south park, where the gnomes keep stealing butters' underwear to further thir buisness plan. The plan was something along the lines of:

1. Steal underpants
3. Profit
4. Party!
Aziz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:24 am   Post subject: RE:[Rant]Whould you like your password with that?

You don't know of 4chan, do you?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rto

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:37 am   Post subject: RE:[Rant]Whould you like your password with that?

rogers has always helped me with my problems when i get them, and hey, i dont think they've charged me for the past 3 months, so im not complaining .. yet
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 24 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: