Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 What is the best RPG???
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tallguy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:10 am   Post subject: RE:What is the best RPG???

is 'World of Warcarcft' a rpg? if it is it is the best
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
isaiahk9

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:54 pm   Post subject: RE:What is the best RPG???

Legend of Zelda : Fallen Sage is pretty good, seeing as it was a fan-made RPG with zelda stuff, and can be downloaded for free (legitimately).
Besides that, Oblivion is boring once you beat all quests (takes one summer approx.).
Final Fantasy I is still amazing (besides the endign boss). II sucked, III was decent, VI was amazing and V was obsesive.
WoW is techinically an RPG, following this definition :
Short for role-playing game, it is a game genre where one or more players adopt a role and act it out in a virtual reality. Usually in an RPG game, you will set out on an adventure or quest, and multiplayer RPG games allows gamers to complete these quests with other gamers as allies over the Internet or as a LAN game.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:48 pm   Post subject: RE:What is the best RPG???

WAR, or Warhammer: Age of Reckoning is coming out soon...not too sure how good it'll be, and likely the only people who'll play it are the members of the rapidly declining Games Workshop community.

Used to play runescape, but then I realized, the better your character, the longer it takes to do anything. Terrible, terrible game. The developers don't deserve to charge for it.
isaiahk9

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:50 am   Post subject: RE:What is the best RPG???

SPORE is coming out this year. Sorta an RPG - you adopt a cell's role and play in virtual reality. The quest is to evolve to a more advanced civilization, until you are interstellar. You level-up by evolving with bigger and better body parts for your creatures.
Mackie

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:53 am   Post subject: RE:What is the best RPG???

No way you could pass that off as an RPG, it's a simulator, RTS, and space fighter, but definatly not an RPG.
isaiahk9

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:37 am   Post subject: RE:What is the best RPG???

Why doesn't Spore fit that definition?

And even if it doesn't, it is still pretty awesome.
rizzix

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:40 am   Post subject: RE:What is the best RPG???

You'd have to be playing a roll of a character in some storyline for it to be considered an RPG.
isaiahk9

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:19 pm   Post subject: RE:What is the best RPG???

Still arguable (your creature is your character, storyline is created by you - especially in interstellar, where you decide your fate through war and peace).

lol. I know Spore isn't an RPG. Just looks amazing.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
StealthArcher

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:21 pm   Post subject: RE:What is the best RPG???

Every RPG I have played:
-ff1-12 (not incl. 3 and 11)
-Suikoden 1&2
-Star Ocean 3
- Chrono Trigger (not very long, wasnt mine)
- Assorted others I cant remember atm.
metachief

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:06 pm   Post subject: RE:What is the best RPG???

Hey, I'll just say that Golden Sun 1 and 2 kick all of those games butts! In fact it is the only rpg I can be forced to play. It's a bit long and repetetive, but compared to every other rpg out there, it's the most origibal and exciting game. Personally I'm not an rpg fan, I like FPS and rarely RTS (Command and Conquer Red Alert 2). RPG's waste too much time in ones life!
gitoxa

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:08 pm   Post subject: RE:What is the best RPG???

Depends how you define waste. A pessimist would say living is wasting time. Razz
CodeMonkey2000

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:15 pm   Post subject: RE:What is the best RPG???

If you believe in Heaven then life would be a waste of time. What's the point of living a crappy life if you are going end up in a better place filled with super awesomeness for all eternity anyway? Make it happen sooner!
gitoxa

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:58 pm   Post subject: RE:What is the best RPG???

Suicide is a sin. Wink
MrAndrews

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:25 pm   Post subject: RE:What is the best RPG???

For a thread like this, I think it would be a good idea to see what qualifies as an RPG. This website has one ways of classifying RPGs: http://www.rpgfan.com/editorials/old/1998/0007.html
Basically this site says that an RPG is a game where
A. Characters have Statistics
B. Those Statistics can increase
C. It has a menu driven combat system

Personally, i think that rule C. is a little iffy, but its a starting place.
As for what is the best RPG I would say Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
rto

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:53 am   Post subject: RE:What is the best RPG???

Oblivion for 360 XD, cant forget about warcraft thow
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 4  [ 46 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: