Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 What is the best RPG???
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Nick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:09 pm   Post subject: RE:What is the best RPG???

I can see what you're saying about FF7 but think about your entire post... not only the FF part but the oblivion part as well

you ranked Marrowind higher because it allowed for newer greater RPG's to be made

then you said the best part about FF7 was that it was one of the first to have 3D characters and one of the best CG's cutscreens ever

so with this FF7 allowed newer greater games to come into action

I never did play FF8 for the fact that when I was a kid I never could save enough money to buy it and now when I can it's a great rarity so I can't say anything about the FF8 part
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Robert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:22 pm   Post subject: RE:What is the best RPG???

Presentation was going to evolve anyways. Final Fantasy 7 was the poster child... it wasn't the innovator.

Morrowind was the only game to pull off an open world like that.
nastynika

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:14 am   Post subject: Re: What is the best RPG???

i have to disagree with u robert i feel ff7 had more of an impact than morrowind i hated morrowind but i like oblivion
nastynika

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:19 am   Post subject: Re: What is the best RPG???

has any one here tried Blue Dragon for Xbox 360???????
Vermette

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:05 pm   Post subject: Re: What is the best RPG???

Not much love for the computer RPGs? Baldur's Gate, Planescape:Torment, Oblivion and the like?
DaveAngus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:30 pm   Post subject: RE:What is the best RPG???

Super mario RPG for SNES is For sure the best RPG game of life.
I liked it so much I had to downlaod an emulator onto my flash drive and get the game on there as well so I can play it whenever My little heart desires! hahahaha
Nick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:34 pm   Post subject: RE:What is the best RPG???

Earthbound > Mario RPG

both for SNES, if you have the emulator, check out Earthbound
DaveAngus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:36 pm   Post subject: RE:What is the best RPG???

Actually I have never heard of that game. Ill take your word on it. ill have to go find that game on the internet so i can play it!
better then Super mario RPG?
Thats almost hard to believe that anything can beat it!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
haskell

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:55 pm   Post subject: RE:What is the best RPG???

Legend of the Dragoon.

4 of the greatest disks ever to grace the PS1. The cutscenes in Legend of the Dragoon made any other game on the PS1 look like absolute crap. I mean, they look better than a lot of PS2 stuff. The story was really good and there was a lot of diversity in there as well.

And for people who want to see all the cutscenes of Legend of the Dragoon:

Disk 1 - http://pop.youtube.com/watch?v=lJCN0UxNWwI
Disk 2 - http://pop.youtube.com/watch?v=kD_iUnhbOHk
Disk 3 - http://pop.youtube.com/watch?v=PkABIPImKzc
Disk 4 - http://pop.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZvoMWIfeVs

Of course YouTube sucks the quality down the tubes, but it's still really awesome.
Nick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:50 pm   Post subject: RE:What is the best RPG???

heh Legend of Dragoon, I made it to disk 4, never did beat it
gitoxa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:25 pm   Post subject: Re: What is the best RPG???

FF7 is only as popular as it is because of "Advent Children"
Seriously, if I hear another person tell me "Oh, I only like final fantasy 7... the movie was so kawaaiiii~!!" I'm going to climb a clock tower...

The only rpg games I've played recently, aside from FF12 (the game practically played itself), were rogue-likes.Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, and Dwarven Fortess. The latter has a huuuuge learning curve, but is just down-right awesome.
Mackie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:59 pm   Post subject: RE:What is the best RPG???

Oh amn, FF7 was sick, the movie was so....kawaaiiii??? What does that even mean?
gitoxa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:16 am   Post subject: Re: What is the best RPG???

Japanese for cute. Used by crazy fan girls everywhere. Might just be me, I don't know, but it gets exetremely annoying.
Nick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:41 pm   Post subject: RE:What is the best RPG???

FF7 was soooo sick before the movie, infact it's probably better without the movie
DaveAngus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:03 pm   Post subject: RE:What is the best RPG???

Advent Children was a pretty Epic movie. I watched it before playing any of the games. Still the only FF game I have played is FFXI online.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 4  [ 46 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: