Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Ccc 2008
Index -> Contests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
McKenzie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:01 pm   Post subject: Re: Ccc 2008

That's cool, congrats. I didn't see anyone from Ottawa in the Stage 2. So Nepean is close to Ottawa, I quess.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Sane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:52 am   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2008

Yeah. Neapean is in Ottawa.

I ended up with 75/75 (I was quite surprised), since what I thought was a mistake, was not after all. So I just got the form to claim the prize from the school today. Yay. Smile

Preparing hardcore for stage 2 now. This will be really tough. Best of luck to ya Steven.

Anyone know the names of the other 6 perfects? I'm a little frightened to say the least.
sven87

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:30 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2008

the other fiive perfects :O
mwplachta

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:56 pm   Post subject: Re: Ccc 2008

I see a total of 7 perfects in the CCC stage 1.
mwplachta

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:07 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2008

It is still strange how only one person got perfect last year (was it our resident klopyrev?)...

Last year's perfect was Hanson's from Woburn.
mwplachta

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:10 pm   Post subject: Re: Ccc 2008

bleungpwns @ Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:24 pm wrote:
DiscovererofGUT @ Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:43 pm wrote:
I did junior, but senior would have been well within my reach.

Those are some big words for someone who ended up getting .. 48/75 on the junior section. As for 20 perfects in Canada, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Cutoff will probably be mid-high sixties. It seems that your ego is inversely proportional to your knowledge.

Actually his score was 45 not 48 - even lower.
Sane

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:17 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2008

I'm heading down to Waterloo now. Staying with family until Monday.

Best of luck to all who will be there. See ya guys soon.
sven87

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:40 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2008

sane wins everything forever.

if i had..8 more points i would have gotten gold. and i got 17/25 on problem 1 day 1 somehow. i'm so mad at myself.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Sane

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:50 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2008

Oh my god Steven... That's actually really depressing. That's so close and it would have been cool to have you on the team...

You were really close, and in the end it really doesn't matter. The IOI is just for fun, and the difference in ability between those who make it and those who don't is so minuscule. Let's do well on the UW Local this September. k? Wink

Do you know what your mistake on 1-1 was yet? And congrats again on doing very well. I think everyone who came to Stage 2 was very closely matched.
sven87

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:41 am   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2008

sigh, well, a lot of it came down to who made the fewest little mistakes. if i hadn't messed up question 1, then i would have beat robin by 1 point and he'd be saying the same thing..i imagine brian bi feels worse, he was only 6 points away and got 4/25 on problem 4.
Sane

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:43 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2008

Wow. Yeah, see that's what I mean. It hurts for everyone. It sucks how Troy can only take 4, because many people were definitely deserving.

Where are you getting these scores from anyways? Send me the link on MSN or something.
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:51 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2008

not to poor cold water on your enthusiasm, but this year's waterloo team is pretty much set, klopyrev, malcolm and richard. I'll give you props if you can push one of these guys off.
bbi5291

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:22 pm   Post subject: Re: Ccc 2008

Oh yes I do feel bad, especially about the 4/25... and I was really hoping to beat David Zhang's record as youngest Canadian IOI competitor.
Even still, keep in mind that Guru didn't win gold either, and he's probably the second best in Canada (next to Hanson). I wonder how he feels?
Sane

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:25 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2008

bugzpodder? We're not even talking about the ACM? ... :S
klopyrev

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:23 pm   Post subject: Re: Ccc 2008

You did mention UW Local. That's ACM.
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 8 of 9  [ 129 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: