Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Goto feature
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 2:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well everything seems ok in code part... unless there's a type mismatch.

I really don't know what could be wrong... Try replaces 0s with 1s... I shouldn't make that much of a difference in stats of RPG character (if thats what you're making)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 5:33 pm   Post subject: also...

also make shure you are not reading pasted the end of the file and that the file is where it is sposted to be.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
krishon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 1:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yah...basically just make sure all the variables are in the rite order and there are the same amount, like Dan said. You can try downloading Dan's game to make sure you have it rite (just a suggestion, u can if u want)
azndragon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 5:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

krishon wrote:
yah...basically just make sure all the variables are in the rite order and there are the same amount, like Dan said. You can try downloading Dan's game to make sure you have it rite (just a suggestion, u can if u want)

Well, most of it worked, just the bottom half didn't. Is there a limit to how many variables it can load? Since mine has 103, I'm thinking that it could be a possibility.
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 5:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

actually there might be a problem with that...

I know that martin used a lot of variables in his RPG (mostly for tilesets) and after a while, sertain variables just "disappeared".

Don't ask me whats going on, I'm just saying that turing has a reputation of comming up with most random errors you can find in compyland.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 7:25 pm   Post subject: same

same thing hapend to me when i as making QFTB, the problem is turing can only holed so many vars for pics and stuff. i had over 300 vars loaded for pics and turing eventley stared overlapng the pic vars intell they stoped showing up i got wired errors. to fix it you have to delte the old pics from the meroery and you can also try loading them in the same var.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
azndragon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 9:46 pm   Post subject: Re: also...

Hacker Dan wrote:
also make shure you are not reading pasted the end of the file and that the file is where it is sposted to be.

What do you exactly mean by this?
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well if you're getting EOF error... that means you're reading too much from that file.

And if the file is not in the right place, you'll get something like "file can't be opened" error.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
krishon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, good work tony, ur at 200, newayz, u could try putting several files which can load the different variables
for example, you can put a certain number of variables in one section, and other variables in other sections until all the variables can be loaded and saved. just remember, if you save a certain number of files in the turing file, make sure the loading file has the EXACT same order and names for the variables you are tryin to load. maybe that can help
azndragon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 7:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh wow, I fixed it. It's because I used write and read statements instead of put and get statements. I don't know why this is, but it works! Laughing
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 25 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: