Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Carleton CS
Index -> Student Life
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
cs_kz_ca

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:24 pm   Post subject: Re: Carleton CS

Quote:
What you should look in to are things like what CS corses they offer, how big there class sizes are, what % of them are tought by phds, how accesable are the profsers, what is residence like

I think this is exactly what I should look for!
thank you Dan for enlightening Very Happy

now should spend some time to make some research, maybe im going to ottawa this weekend.

Thanks guys!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
milton.ignites

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:34 am   Post subject: Re: Carleton CS

Quote:
what % of them are tought by phds

% of phds != quality of teaching / research of professors
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:43 am   Post subject: RE:Carleton CS

Having a phd or not may not directly effect there ablity to teach but it deftaly is telling about the knowage and work they have done in there field/subject.

I would not want to be thought computer sci by T.A. or some one with out a phd.

I would say the % of corses thought by phds can be very telling about a admdemic institution. If you are paying $1000s for an education i would hope it would be from some one who has a certfed background in the feild.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
jernst

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:09 pm   Post subject: Re: Carleton CS

I know a bunch of people from Carlton who are in my program at Guelph. From what I've heard from them it sounds like a decent CS school. Everytime I hear York being mentioned, the profs I've had in the past seem to react with sneers and bad comments about it, although I can't figure seem to figure out why. I know lots of people at York for other subjects and I've visited it fairly often and it seems like a good place. I spoke with a former professor from York who now works at Dalhousie and he talked alot about them having a top notch robotics lab there so if your interested in that branch of computing you might like York.
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 19 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: