Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 flight sim
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
krishon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow that's nuts.....but if u have so many screens, u look at one and then u dun't know wuts goin on in the other ones...cuz gotta spin around a lot.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
SilverSprite

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nah i think it would be better.. at least now you can quickly spin naround to see enemies behind you.. man i want one of those soo badly..
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well otherwise you wouldnt be able to spin around at all... this way you can keep an eye out on your sides and could even have a back mirror Wink

that would take FPS pwning to a whole new level Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

In the plane...is not how you see the whole area?
So...anything wrong you can check 1 side....Mostly youd don't need to look left and right, but just in the middle 3 screens would do...
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it would be cool to have all those monitors... but not just for flight sim stuff. i mean, geez what a waste. that's thousands of dollars sitting there. if you want to be able to see around the cockpit better there's some infrared detector thing you can get. you mount the detector on top of your single (and inexpensive) monitor and then you have some red dot taht you put on your forehead. then say you want to see out to the left, you just turn your head slightly to the left and the view moves along with you.
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oo that thing sounds bitching Mazer. know anywhere you can find out more about them?
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i'll see if i can find out later... i remember reading about it in the july issue of pc gamer.
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i donno if that would actually be practical... to have a 180 view the "dot" gotta be preaty damn sensetive and you will probly often move a screen cuz you cant sit perfectly still while playing that CS game... and that would end up screwing you up more then it is good.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

who said anything about using that for cs? for an FPS obviously you're only looking around by using the mouse. but for a flight sim it'd probably be much more useful to use this device as opposed to ~15 monitors (that's for those who don't want to memorize a bunch of hotkeys). besides, there's probably some way to adjust the sensitivity.
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, I know you can adjust the sensitivity... but if you still want to be able to view the monitor while image is rotated 90 degree... it gets kind of sensitive..

doesn't matter though... 3 monitors should be more then enough... Just configure other two to display the sides... and if you really want to pwn, one for back view as well
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i'm not sure i understand... you don't use multiple monitors for cs... do you, tony?
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well I do have 2... the big one for play and a smaller one next to it for back view (so noone sneaks up on me with a knife) Laughing

though no... I dont even have CS, I tried installing CS, but there was some problem with running it Confused it would freeze the machine or something
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

AH HA...SO ITS NOT ONLY HIM.

I know another guy whos CS keeped crashign/freezing when installing.

CS ..is bad Smile
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yes, instead those cs players should play a game that isn't five years old Wink
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

a game that isn't 5 years old? Confused

ah, you must be talking about the wc3 mod for cs! Razz Razz

just kidding, i don't play that it's so dumb. but i do play cs. it's so much fun. in fact, besides nwn that's all i play right now.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 35 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: