Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Randint Not so random?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
SilverSprite

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

did you not read what i posted? it provides a new seed
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, who cares about what you say anyways? jk

I guess I missed that part...

so why is it made obsolete now? isn't it still useful then, if it provides with a new seed?
rizzix

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it is used at start-up or something..
**we're at teh chat room**
SilverSprite

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

cuz its turing.. nobody needs to use randomize for anything useful.. and again you didnt read what i said.. it makes the program real slow..
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

here's the deal with randomize:

in old days of DOS turing randint was just that... randint... and it was seeded by system time. Now that just means that for a whole second you'll be getting the same "random" number. So to fix this, randomize marked the flag in the function to seed itself with previously generated number...

Now, then the WinOOT came out, they still kept the randomize even though it is executed by default now. They kept it just so that those who are "used" to old sytax could still type it Confused Basically the same reason we got drawfillbox() and Draw.FillBox(). Cuz Tom is nuts and is making a crappy language with 5 spellings for same command.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
Cuz Tom is nuts and is making a crappy language with 5 spellings for same command.

lol, thats my way to make a language. increas the odds of geting it right the 1st time, lol.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I like the sounds of that. Very Happy
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 22 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: