Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Ghost AI for Pacman
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
pacman_566

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:36 pm   Post subject: Ghost AI for Pacman

How is it possible to make a ghost follow Pacman? I've been trying and trying without success. If anyone can help, that'd be much appreciated. I just need some guidelines as to how to approach this so I'll know in the future what to do when I come across this problem.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Clayton

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:46 pm   Post subject: RE:Ghost AI for Pacman

pacman_566's other post wrote:

I am attempting to make Pacman with Turing, but I'm stuck with ghosts. I've made three of them, but I can't get them to move at the same time along with my Pacman using the fork command. If anybody can give me some idea as to how I can be able to move all four at the same time, please tell me...

You've posted basically the same question twice. I've moved your other thread to a place for safe keeping. Try and keep similiar questions in the same place.

Now first, you should ask yourself: Do I really need processes? The answer to this should be no. If you would like to find out why, check out Why You Should Avoid Processes for more info.

How am I supposed to do this? you ask? Simply combine each ghost/character into one procedure/your main loop, then control each in the same loop. If you have any more questions, check out the Turing Walkthrough if it's on a specific command or post back here if it's something related to this.

By the way, welcome to CompSci.ca!
pacman_566

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:39 pm   Post subject: Re: Ghost AI for Pacman

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your help. I'll be sure to post questions of the same topic in the same area next time.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:15 pm   Post subject: RE:Ghost AI for Pacman

Also, this should be posted in Turing Help, not Turing Tutorials. I'm moving it there now.

Welcome to the site, and good luck with your project! Smile
rollerdude

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:21 am   Post subject: Re: Ghost AI for Pacman

this is turing help, cervantes

Cervantes says: Yes, that's because I moved the topic, as I clearly stated.
Clayton

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:23 am   Post subject: RE:Ghost AI for Pacman

Cervantes May 14 @ 11:15 pm wrote:
Also, this should be posted in Turing Help, not Turing Tutorials. I'm moving it there now.

Note the date and time this was posted?
pacman_566

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:53 pm   Post subject: Re: Ghost AI for Pacman

Sorry for posting this in the wrong forum. Anyways, Is anyone able to help me? I need to find a way to get the AI of the ghosts to follow him when he gets close to them.
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:50 pm   Post subject: RE:Ghost AI for Pacman

Try this tutorial for "tracking." Not exactly Pac Man, but it's the same principle and shouldn't be too hard to apply. Take a shot at that.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: