Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 B.NET IS (@!K#D!
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

grr... this sucks...

if blizzard will go down in next couple of month, I'll be seriosly considering a bioinformatics degree instead of compsci... or physics... its always fun.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i'll still try in for Apple or Sun. But i think i might forget compsci all together and land up as an engineer, hopefully IBM.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:22 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ah decisions,descisions

compsci or physics or chem or medicine
rizzix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:24 am   Post subject: (No subject)

compsci: easy stuff

physics & chem: fun stuff

medicine: responsibility Mad
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:36 am   Post subject: (No subject)

would that make bioinformatics an easy responsibility? Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:39 am   Post subject: (No subject)

what really is bioinformating?
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

typo, it was suppost to be "bioinformatics"

a split degree between biology and computer science. There's some crazy stuff to learn. I'd imagine its programming to work with bio data or what not... I suppost genome mapping would fall in this category, or some tech like cat-scans... Though I'm making this stuff up, dont know how much is true.

But ether way you put it... once we know how to clone, I'll be the one programming machines that do that Laughing
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

heh, if they allow you to clone... all the people are like no no we can't play god or whatever some bs like Rolling Eyes with the cloning and genetically modifying and so on... but really they are just idiots because they are not looking at the good things that can come from them...

but really to not go into compsci just because blizzard shuts down is absurd
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

what has bilzzard have to do with compsci? you wanna join them....?
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:24 am   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
if blizzard will go down in next couple of month, I'll be seriosly considering a bioinformatics degree instead of compsci... or physics... its always fun.

is what I was referring to...
JayLo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:39 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i have a friend who's going to 'biomedical computing' at Queens...
probably the same thing as bioinformatics/
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

go cyborg!

Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well this mess is clearing up a bit... Those guys were not treated good by their owners (the Vsomething company) [Vivendi Universal- Asok] and been trying to sell Blizzard for a while now... So they desided to resign and start a new company Very Happy

Heck, I would have probably done the same thing. With potential buyers as M$ or EA... Poor guys Sad

well I'll be interested in what those guys can come up with now... and whats going to happen to Blizzard Confused

And yes, for a while I did see Blizzard as the goal of programming career untill now... now I donno what to belive in anymore Confused
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ah don't join billzzard....join EA Smile
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah man... there's plenty of opportunities out there fro programming.. I mean what would you have done had you gone into compsci and then didn't get a job at blizzard? you would most likely move on to a different company
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 4  [ 46 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: