Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 another quick math question for 100
Index -> Contests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 10:53 am   Post subject: (No subject)

SilverSprite wrote:
hmm i think he was just kidding?

doesn't seem like it :/
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:15 am   Post subject: (No subject)

eggplant_burger wrote:
that's a piddling argument. it can be proven that it is a valid proof.

since there are 2 variables to a degree greater than 1 on the left side, and only 1 variable to a degree greater than 1 on the right side, the left will increase more quickly than the right. So if they are already not equal at a point where the values of the left and right side fall into a pattern, they will never be equal. I think that the maximum possible natural number in Turing (4294967294) is reasonably high enough to assume that a pattern will be established. It's like using limits... you don't quite show it exactly, but it's so close it doesn't make a difference.

you may pull it off if its only one variable (after you show exactly when RHS>LHS for all x>x0, and test all solution less than or equal to x0), but with these multiple variables, no.
eggplant_burger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Fine, then I'm wrong.

Whatever.
Corybu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:12 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Im no math genious, but is the answer 7?

Lol, j/k guys. This is crazy, I dont know how any of you could rack your brains to try and figure this out... When will you ever use it? (outside of forum debates)

My math skills are pretty basic... maybe slitly above average, but if any of you understand what is in this thread, you scare me, lol.
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 3  [ 34 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: