Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Artificial Intelligence
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
....(also depends on computer)

I think dodge was replying to tony's questions/statement?

anyways, I don't think im going to have that much creatures in the game, but there is going to be a multiplayer part, in which you and another player battle out ur trained creature(like in an arena), the single player part is to train your creature, So it looks like that it won't be that slow after all.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

this game that your making sounds pretty cool Very Happy... how does it work... each player has to train his creature and send them to battle?
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it's a pretty neat idea.

the game is going to be split into two parts, singleplayer and multiplayer.

In single player, you are going to recruit one monster, and train the thing, you'll be given quests so that you can learn new spells, or find new items for your monster. You have no direct control over ur monster(you can't go click, and he moves there). That's where the AI kicks in. The monster basicly developes a kind of personality.

The multiplayer part let you and another player battle ur monsters(damn, that statement sounded like Im making a pokemon game...). You still don't have direct control over the monsters, and when they fight, it depends on how well you trained them to adapt to situations(a monster that only fought other things for a few time will be less experienced in bluffing, observing and stuff like that). So there are alot of AIs invovled, and Im just trying to create the AI right now.
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that's pretty cool..Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen. u could make it like when u win a battle u get to take some of your enemies items... lemme know if u need any help with anything i'll be Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen. to help....
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

cool, thanks homer, and everyone else for their input, I'll definitely ask if I need help
naoki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

so this game is like a combination of black&white and pokemon
u could try something along the lines of breeding, where certain monsters u attain could create new ones. it doesn't have 2 b complicated, but special types needed for a certain situation

u should mine pokemon for some ideas. it may be a kid's game, but it's a novel idea.

and u can't forget about the environment. dunno if u changed this part, but if ur animal is gonna go destroying terrain, u'll need some factors which help or hinder its way
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think AsianSensation needs to learn some C++ to pull off all those calculations in real-time Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
I think AsianSensation needs to learn some C++ to pull off all those calculations in real-time Confused

heh heh, i am learning c++, but this program has to be done in turing(unless I make the game in C++, and then go Sys.Exec ("game.exe") hehehe...) So i may have to cut alot of ideas because of run time? what about I do alot of preliminary calculation at the beginning, like a loading screen?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
SilverSprite

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:36 am   Post subject: (No subject)

good luck with the graphical element of the game ify our doing it in c++
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hey asian, are we gonna have the town thing still?
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 25 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: