Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 How to assemble a team.
Index -> General Programming
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
StealthArcher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:30 pm   Post subject: How to assemble a team.

Advice plz.

I cannot draw or compose. Plus i dont have any friends here yet.

Just moved.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
apomb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:35 pm   Post subject: Re: How to assemble a team.

a team of what, exactly? Chimps? Robots? Killer Robots? Humans? Hockey Team? a little more info is an order methinks
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:39 pm   Post subject: Re: How to assemble a team.

just what i was thinking, but since this is in the General Programming area instead of off topic, it may have something to do with computers.

My money is on the robots.
rdrake

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:50 pm   Post subject: RE:How to assemble a team.

Guaranteed it's a game. An RPG, no doubt.
StealthArcher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:53 pm   Post subject: RE:How to assemble a team.

MMO rpg to be exact. But yeah i cant do anything but code , so.....
apomb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:59 pm   Post subject: RE:How to assemble a team.

so...? do you ahve a CVS server? if so, maybe some people around here could help build something.
StealthArcher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:08 pm   Post subject: RE:How to assemble a team.

No, not yet, it is in early dev., but i cant do much with no graphics or sound.
apomb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:15 pm   Post subject: RE:How to assemble a team.

you dont need graphics or sound to start a CVS server Wink However, in response to your original post, I'd suggest checking out this site.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rdrake

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:21 pm   Post subject: RE:How to assemble a team.

CVS is horrible today, use subversion (SVN) instead if you can. Others will tell you to use darcs/git/etc. I would stick with subversion.
StealthArcher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:49 pm   Post subject: RE:How to assemble a team.

Should i have mentioned i am doing this in truing? will it hamper things any?

I JUST learned to program maybe 3 months ago and its the only one i have learned at all.

Or would you suggest i make it in another language and put it off for 3 months? It is only 2-d though....
Clayton

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:53 pm   Post subject: Re: How to assemble a team.

I'd suggest you forget about a game then. Games are (generally) bad tools for learning about programming. Learning to program in general is transferrable to game programming, but it doesn't work the other way around.
StealthArcher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:12 pm   Post subject: RE:How to assemble a team.

I can program good enough in turing, thats not the problem, what im asking is do you think that language is capable of handling it?
Clayton

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:19 pm   Post subject: Re: How to assemble a team.

*sigh* yes it can be done... Celestial Conquest is living proof... However, I would not suggest you undertake this with only 3 months programming experience. RPG's are big, scary, and very complex, and can leave you in a crapload of messy code somewhere down the line. What I suggest you do instead, is learn another language, say.. Ruby, O'Caml, Scheme, Lisp, or Pascal.

EDIT: Because Turing's Net. module is so slow, Celestial Conquest's server was done in Perl, another thing to keep in mind.
StealthArcher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:26 pm   Post subject: RE:How to assemble a team.

Alright then, thanks for the advice.

BTW what do you think an effiecient and easy to leanrn lang. is?

If there is no easy one that is effiecient at internet, then just tell me a free one that has good networking capabilities.
ericfourfour

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:30 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:How to assemble a team.

StealthArcher @ Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:26 pm wrote:
BTW what do you think an effiecient and easy to leanrn lang. is?

It is very funny that you ask that question in this community. Everyone will recommend Ruby. Smile
   Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 34 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: