Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 SAT
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya rite asian_s, ur the biggest geek of them all...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
UBC_Wiskatos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

AsianSensation wrote:
UBC_Wiskatos wrote:
You're all geeks. And not even the cool programmer/engineer kind of geek, but the mostly-useless-math-concepts kind of geeks. Oh my God!

right.......obviously you never met me or SilverSprite or naoki(I can't say about other people) I don't obsess over academic stuff, it's just there is a period where a person have to work, and personally, I want to secure myself into a good University before I relax, that's why im working as crazy as hell over the SAT crap, do yo seriously think I enjoy any of this?

If you're good at programming, you're good at programming. There's not much more to that. An SAT, ACT, CCC or whatever will not help you jack shit if you don't know how to really be a programmer. You'll never see real programmers at the CCC. Might help you get in a university, but most companies could care less which university you come from, as long as you know your shit, and you know it good. Hell, you don't even need a degree at times. And plus, the best computer university in the world is right here in Canada, so why do you even need an SAT?
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I thought MIT was the best ...

and it is true that it really doesn't matter what university you go to..
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, I think the best computer is in MIT also...

but that's not the point, UBC_Wiskatos, do you think I want to program when I grow up? No, I don't. I am probably never going to touch compsci after high school(well, maybe, if I have spare time). Then why do I do compsci? it's because I like it, it's fun. I don't need to have a career involving compsci just because I program, jeez, just because you are all high and mighty in compsci and you plan on going some places with your programming skills doesn't mean other people will too. I am probably going to medicine, or bio-whatever, that's why I do SATs, to help me get to a good University, because I know medicine looks at where you comes from.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

isnt mit more engineering?
UBC_Wiskatos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

PaddyLong wrote:
I thought MIT was the best ...

and it is true that it really doesn't matter what university you go to..

Ah it's disputable, from what I recall Waterloo beat MIT in computer science/engineering at times, and vice versa. I think that's according to that worldwide competition and some university compilation magazine I read, but the name of it escapes me at the moment.
UBC_Wiskatos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

AsianSensation wrote:
yeah, I think the best computer is in MIT also...

but that's not the point, UBC_Wiskatos, do you think I want to program when I grow up? No, I don't. I am probably never going to touch compsci after high school(well, maybe, if I have spare time). Then why do I do compsci? it's because I like it, it's fun. I don't need to have a career involving compsci just because I program, jeez, just because you are all high and mighty in compsci and you plan on going some places with your programming skills doesn't mean other people will too. I am probably going to medicine, or bio-whatever, that's why I do SATs, to help me get to a good University, because I know medicine looks at where you comes from.

I'm sorry, I assumed you were going to become a programmer/computer engineer.
naoki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if ur going 2 waterloo they might like u more if ur good at math
i read in a couple business/math, comp sci, and engineering that they recommend taking the euclid, so who knows?

besides, there's nothing wrong with being good at math. it might make ur life easier when ur taking biochem and have calculas classes all over u

.... now i forgot wat every1 else said.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Asok

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:37 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm a geek and proud of it!

I'll pwn you all with my geek skillz!
SilverSprite

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:08 am   Post subject: (No subject)

good for you:P
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 9:46 am   Post subject: (No subject)

that senior waterloo match contest (not sure the name of it... but the one for 12's or the open) used to be a requirement to get into waterloo... I think they changed it in like 95 or maybe a little later than that even. now it is just recommended that you do it, because if there's two people who they're trying to decide between, they will take the one who did the contest or did better on the contest
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 9:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

it was descart and was written in oac but they scrapped it
Crono

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i wuz just goin over tis n wuz like, woh, how could u compare Waterloo 2 MIT, WTF u thinkin...kidz needz spankin these days, apparently MIT is top in cs, math, engineerin, and business? yea business...altho i like waterloo's math n business dual degree thingy

the point is asian_s got a point, he's workin hard fo about 2 years so he has a better future makin loads of money, no offense or anything, most likely, university will determine where the hell ur gonna b, but dun make such a big deal of SAT's, just 1600 n 3 800's gets u nutin, turns out u gotta b AMAZO at everything...haha, arent we r all screwed...
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh yeah, good point, Universities DOESN'T care about SAT that much. From what I heard, if you have some exceptional skills in something, and even if you screw up on the SAT, you can still get selected. So a kid with like a million community service hours can still get selected even if he or she scores less than you on the SAT.

btw, doesnt the American Universities look at how many AP courses you take? How is our enriched courses compared to the AP course? So far, Im getting the blank expression, as they never even heard of enriched classes.
krishon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, if they do, then good, we have like 6-7 AP courses Very Happy
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 5 of 7  [ 92 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: