Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Ever Google Yourself?
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Craige

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtd wrote:
Craige wrote:
PHP being the language I use most, I figured it's a good search term

Don't worry. We can help you with that. The first and most important step is admitting that you have a problem. Wink

So, your one of those anti-PHP people, eh?

I know PHP has it's down sides; I'll admit it. But it's an all-in-all good language, and I will stick with it a long while yet, even with it's pit falls. PHP was my first language, and it's been improving ever since I started with it. I'm hoping PHP 6 will bring some nice new features to the language we have all been waiting for.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Craige wrote:
wtd wrote:
Craige wrote:
PHP being the language I use most, I figured it's a good search term

Don't worry. We can help you with that. The first and most important step is admitting that you have a problem. Wink

So, your one of those anti-PHP people, eh?

I'm one of those knows-a-dozen-or-so-languages people who can spot good ones and bad ones. Smile
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the biggie in php6 is unicode. I had to mess around and write (copy) a utf-8 to unicode function to get things working.
apomb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:32 pm   Post subject: Re: Ever Google Yourself?

wow ... just ... wow
peterggmss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:58 pm   Post subject: RE:Ever Google Yourself?

do a google on "peterbrowne" and see what you get
War_Caymore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:04 pm   Post subject: Re: Ever Google Yourself?

I googled myself and got NOTHING! I looked through 23 pages and found nothing of me, or any of my aliases (Alucard, Skatman)

The only thing i got for a find was war_caymore with a couple links to threads i posted here Very Happy

The net hates me ...
Craige

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:12 pm   Post subject: Re: Ever Google Yourself?

War_Caymore @ Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:04 pm wrote:
I googled myself and got NOTHING! I looked through 23 pages and found nothing of me, or any of my aliases (Alucard, Skatman)

The only thing i got for a find was war_caymore with a couple links to threads i posted here Very Happy

The net hates me ...

Some people wont come up. You really do need to have a unique alias to find something, and you need to have lots of good material for Google to index (not to mention you need to post that material on the right sites). I want to do a whole bunch of stuff to get just my first name up to the first page of results. I'm going to be writing some PHP articles and submitting them to a number of sites, such as CompSci.ca.
apomb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:57 am   Post subject: Re: Ever Google Yourself?

Theres actually a lot of stuff about me indexed by google. I'm listed in Google Earth, Linux Counter, Debian Users, On a site about my church but #1 Listed is Compsci.ca Wiki ... which is actually quite an old entry ... i should update that.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rdrake

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:14 am   Post subject: RE:Ever Google Yourself?

I myself don't appear until the bottom of the 8th page Confused. This author guy is on there a lot though.
CyberGeek

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:11 pm   Post subject: RE:Ever Google Yourself?

Well yes, I personally think all computer geeks have Google searched themselves or there Alias. But have you ever searched Google on Google?
md

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:59 pm   Post subject: RE:Ever Google Yourself?

Yup, google is at teh top Wink

On a related note... how many people have searched significant others or co-workers? You can learn many an interesting thing...
CyberGeek

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:41 pm   Post subject: RE:Ever Google Yourself?

Hehehe. I love seeing how Google is on the top when you search google on google.
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:56 pm   Post subject: RE:Ever Google Yourself?

What did you expect to be on top? Not many other companies named 'Google' out there :/
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:23 am   Post subject: Re: Ever Google Yourself?

I googled my alias and got tons of compsci stuff, my phpbbnow account, and my nintendo account for Metroid Prime: Hunters. 7 relevant searches found.

For my rela name, everything is about someone acutally named Dylan Kuehl, who is the prez of DK Arts and is a well established artist/musician. about 45 000 relevant searches found.
Check it out.

Heres the cool thing, since my last name is Germna, the deeper you get into the pages, its starts to actually become german webpages. Sweet.

got to page 25, couldnt find me myself. that sucks.
jamonathin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:58 pm   Post subject: RE:Ever Google Yourself?

Thats why unique names <cough> jamonathin <hack> are better -> all finds are actually me =)

As for my real name, i have about 2.25 of 2.5 pages that are actually me.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 37 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: