Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 system specs - ur thoughts
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

wat do u think of the new specs?
(No ending time set)
good
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
not so good
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
complete s#!t
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Andy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well actually its so cold that it seems like it burns think, nitrogen is a gas at room temperature, to get into a liquid u have to cool it down
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
JayLo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

so as long as you don't touch it, you're fine...

Twisted Evil liquid nitrogen in a super soaker.
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

amds tend to run waaay hotter than intels.... you could try using an intel hsf on it (it might not even fit on properly...) if you want

the bartons are much faster than the thoroughbred, and you can overclock the 2500+ from 1.83 to 2.5 ... so imagine what that would be like in comparison to the intels... like 3500+ ?? you have to look at more than just the clocked speed when you're comparing the performance the cpu will give you....
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well since intel spends billions of dollars trying to get the electricity in the computer and out as fast as possible it's pretty hot and paddylong, if u dun know what ur talking about dun talk, do you know anything about overclocking? its not in ratio, it depends on the manufacturer. if the chip was supposed to be 3000 but wasn't made that well, they downclock it and sell it for cheaper,that's what the 2600 are that's why its so easy to overclock
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hehe yes I know what I'm talking about Rolling Eyes
I know a guy who overclocked his 2500+ barton to 2.5ghz
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that's nothing, that only needs another fan, i'm talking about REAL overclocking, with water cooling or liquid nitro
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol you are nothing but a charlatan here dodge... your last post proved that...

do you know ANYthing about computer modding in general? I suppose you probably have some plain old beige case sitting there with a stock hsf on your cpu
JayLo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

charlatan: A person who makes elaborate, fraudulent, and often voluble claims to skill or knowledge; a quack or fraud.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

bingo Jay Lo
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sure paddylong, what ever u say, i probably know more about computers 5 years ago then u do now so if u dunno me, shut up ass
JayLo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

flame match. gogogo... to spam.
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nah I'm not going to get into a flame match with dodge... we seem to have a continuous one going on any way Confused
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

u know what, fine, i'll stop being an ass my self and stop flaming u, well that's it for today, i'll spam more tomorrow.
wha? no wait i didn't say spam i meant post, ya that's rite Wink
Blade

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you dont need liquid cooling or nitro to overclock. one of my friends has an xp 2100+ running at 3.02 ghz with a thermaltake volcano 9.... if you are going for a gaming system go for the higher end geforce 4 ti's or the radeon 9500/9700 pros... use at least 512 ddr 400 ram with an nvidia nforce 2 chipset because you can set your bus to 200 mhz only with them so you can overclock yer processor to at least 3.0 ghz if you set the bus at 200 with a multiplyer of 15.. if you're going to do that use at least a volcano 9 on your cpu with both intake and an exaust fan, that way youll get a nice flow going through. but you dont absoultly need water cooling... good kits are usually around $200
athlons are the best to overclock, dont go with intel... and dont use rimm rambus... especially when overclocking unless you are going to get copper heatsinks for them.. they've caused lots of overheating problems with a lot of people if you dont have a good cooling system

i also forgot to add that nowadays maxtor's 80 gigs are only $10 more than the 60 gigs
JSBN

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What has the world come to when u need to use liquid nitrogen to cool off your comp's processor Confused
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 4  [ 59 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: