Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 how do you put an applet on the internet?
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If people seem reluctant to offer suggestions, it's likely because a huge number of good solutions are immediately available simply by googling for "free website" and the answer to your questions about HTML are available via searching "applet html".

We're more than willing to help, but you have to be willing to help yourself.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
gsquare567

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok i have about 10 websites, none of them say anything like upload or "Put applet here" lol.
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Any decent provider of such a site will have some way to upload files, either via a standalone FTP program, or via some form on their site.

Both the HTML and JAR files are simply files.
gsquare567

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

haha didnt even need your help... not that you gave any.
md

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

gsquare567 wrote:
haha didnt even need your help... not that you gave any.

I seriously hope that you get banned. And that rabbit miniature giant space hamsters eat your brain.
NikG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[quote="md"]
gsquare567 wrote:
And that rabbit miniature giant space hamsters eat your brain.
I read that phrase about 30 times... and it's been hurting my head since the first time.
Anyone else feeling that way?
gsquare567

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

why shud i be banned... wtd kept on flaming and eventually this turned into a flame war. all i needed was an answer, not a "go figure it out on ur own". thats why you ask a question. if you know the answer, then say it. otherwise, dont flame. that simple. and you guys dont even belong here... your just taking this flame to a new level. jeez...

so, back to the uploading to a website... some of my friends get the error message that a class isnt found, however, i have a jar file (Java ARchive) with ALL of the classes and ALL of the files it uses, PLUS a manifest to tell it which is the primary class, but now the error is it can't find the primary class written in the manifest. whats even weirder is that it works for me and about 10 other people. how is this possible, if for one person it works, and the other it cant find a file which is CLEARLY in the jar? yes, the htm file and jar file are in the same folder, and yes, i tried putting the 'missing' class in the folder, but it didnt do a thing. it has something to do with the jar, even though i put it together perfectly. any ideas cuz im totally stumped. try NOT to flame Very Happy
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I relay don't think it is a great idea to be saying "haha didnt even need your help... not that you gave any." and then asking for help. The peoleop hear are not payed to help you and do it out of the goodness of there hearts.

To pervent futher falming by either side i am locking this. If you think you can ask your question in a way that is not inusalting please feal free to make a new topic.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
md

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:04 am   Post subject: (No subject)

gsquare567 wrote:
why shud i be banned... wtd kept on flaming and eventually this turned into a flame war. all i needed was an answer, not a "go figure it out on ur own". thats why you ask a question. if you know the answer, then say it. otherwise, dont flame. that simple. and you guys dont even belong here... your just taking this flame to a new level. jeez...

I disagree, wtd provided you with a link that would have solved your problem had you read it and understood it. You're lack of understanding is irrelavent to his having provided you with help. Stupidity is not an excuse.

After you continued to post saying that you didn't understand and that you wished for someone to post helping you in english (which coincidentally all articles linked to are written in) others besides wtd posted possible solutions. You acknowledged that cool dude knew what you wanted to do but seemingly didn't try his solution; instead demanding yet again that others help you.

After wtd provided with yet more links and fairly simple instructions you turn around and do the internet equivalent of slapping him in the face by saying he didn't help when it's very clear that he did quite a bit to try and help.

If people continue to post like you have (and unfortunately you are not alone in being a childish moron) then I fear for the future of compsci.ca. When someone new posts asking a question it is impossible to know if they will actually even try and follow any suggestions you make, or simply demand that you solve their problem for you. As a volunteer willing to help someone learn it is rather aggravating when solutions to problems that most of the time I could care less about are demanded of me. Like most others I am sure, I value my time quite highly, and when people make me waste it by ignoring help I provide and demand I do more. So when I see people who have never posted before asking for help I am now more and more hesitant to post a reply, not because I can't solve their problem but because I do not wish to waste my time on someone who can't even help themselves.

When I say "I" I am speaking as one of the many members who contribute much of their time here (wtd being the most notable). These people are the ones whom we wish to keep as a community; the people who should feel most valued so that they continue to contribute and help people who really are trying to learn. Without those people compsci.ca is nothing more then a place for people to whine about how no one will do things for them, and I for one don't want to belong to a community such as that.

So why do I think you should be banned gsquare567? Because you, and those who act similarly to you are bad. You rot the core of our community and take away from the joy we get helping others. In essence, you suck. So please, either start acting like a decent human being and stop being an asshole, or bugger off and leave our community to those who really want and need it.
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 24 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: