Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Get into Waterloo?
Index -> Student Life
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Null

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks for that great write-up Tony. It was very helpful.

I actually didn't know about Mechatronics engineering. It really looks like something I'd enjoy.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

good stuff.

You should think about visiting Waterloo during a weekday next term (January~April), when I'm back on campus. I could probably give you a tour, and sneak you into some lectures.

Mechatronics is interesting, but tough. Though a number of other compsci.ca members are in the program already.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Naveg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Just out of curiosity, what value does being a Shad Valley participant have on a waterloo application?

www.shad.ca if you don't know what it is....but if you don't you probably can't answer my question.

If you do know, please tell!
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well since none of us is directly involved in waterloo student selection, so it is clear that no definitive answers can be given. however we could definitely speculate... not sure how useful that is though.
Null

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Tony wrote:
good stuff.

You should think about visiting Waterloo during a weekday next term (January~April), when I'm back on campus. I could probably give you a tour, and sneak you into some lectures.

Mechatronics is interesting, but tough. Though a number of other compsci.ca members are in the program already.

Thanks for the offer. I'll let you know next year when I'm in grade 12. Smile
1of42

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Naveg wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what value does being a Shad Valley participant have on a waterloo application?

www.shad.ca if you don't know what it is....but if you don't you probably can't answer my question.

If you do know, please tell!

Were you at Shad this summer? If so which campus?

I was at UBC. Very Happy
Naveg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I was at Memorial. And iris b. goes to my school. I suppose you know her Razz
Null

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm just thinking out loud here (or is that out-text? ).

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but I could do EE with the Mechatronics option. This stuff sounds so neat. :p
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Xi_is4COW

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah i got in, but not for compsci though, I'm currently in EE, so it's not too bad either, actually the requirement were ok, not too bad at all
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm looking to get into U of W for their Secondary Education of Sciences and Mathematics. I'm in Grade 12 now, but im staying an extra year at GCI (in cambridge) to bring up my marks. I hover around a 70%-75%.
s3arkay

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:16 pm   Post subject: Re: Get into Waterloo?

Null wrote:
I'm currently in grade 11, and at the present time, I think I'm interested in Computer Engineering. I'm looking at Waterloo, and it looks great. Sort of the MIT of Canada.

My question is, does anybody have any experience here? What do I need to get in?

What kind of grade are they expecting (I would suspect about 90%), what level of extra-curricular involvement? Do they expect somebody to do more then 40 community service hours? I know they issue the math contests; do the expect them to be written?

Any info would be great. Thanks in advance. Smile

Goodluck, you need high marks.
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

relatively high
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

joy. time to start studying! (f***)
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you do realize that entrance is based on mostly your grade 11 marks and midterm marks from grade 12?
richcash

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What!?
I thought grade 11 marks mean absolutely nothing unless you want early acceptance (you can apply anytime, right?)? Or are you talking about early acceptance?
I still don't get how early acceptance works. I mean, what if you have all easy courses in the first semester?
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 43 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: