Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [FP] Forces - done!
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2005/2006 Archive
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

What do you think?
(No ending time set)
Amazing
75%
 75%  [ 18 ]
Good
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Average
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Need improvement
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Horrible
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 24

chrispminis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Incredible! This is a really fun game, very hectic, and a bit hard on the eyes. I wish your help file was a bit more helpful, since a lot of the time, I dont know what half of the things are. Such as powers, enemies, and the lightning that comes out of them.

Anyways, a nice feature I noticed is that, when the mouse moves off the screen the game pauses and fades. This is a nice professional effect that is helpful when I need to close popups.

Anyways good job. If its not too much trouble you should create difficulty levels, or at least one that isnt as hectic, and maybe doesnt eat up CPU lol.

p.s. those hexagons are annoying.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Windsurfer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:38 pm   Post subject: New Version!

Alright, it's been a while, but I've finally uploaded a new version. Smile There isn't anything super... unless this is the first time that you're trying the game, because now instead of a readme.txt, there is an ingame tutorial.

Also, for those of us without a p4 computer Wink , i've added a "settings" page that allows you to change graphical settings.

To exit the game this time, you just need to press ESC to bring you to the main menu.

P.S. I've made a few changes to gameplay, for those that have played my previous versions, namely that the swirlies give you health and not mana, and that the ALT key now changes your force power instead of B.
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:50 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Screenshots! I'm on a Mac, so I can't play Sad
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tsk tsk martin.. should've waited for the mactels =P
Windsurfer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:10 pm   Post subject: All done!

My game is now done! Exclamation I have submitted it to the teacher! come and check out either version of my game! (though, the music is pretty good) Smile

New Features: Save game! Very Happy and many more, but i can't remember if i've already mentioned them, or if they're actually "new". Laughing
DIIST

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

WOW Shocked
I went into eplispy playing your game. It really good! Very Happy I love the grapics. Nice Work, i hope you recieve an excellent mark Wink !
Windsurfer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:45 pm   Post subject: Mark?

Good mark? i found out yesterday i recived 100% Very Happy
Delos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:09 pm   Post subject: Re: Mark?

Windsrufer wrote:
Good mark? i found out yesterday i recived 100% Very Happy

Only? No bonus? 'the hell! Your teacher is a little too stringent with the marks there ya' know...
However, I would be interested in seeing these videos of yours. Something tells me that they themselves would be worthy of some repeated viewership. Perhaps you can up' them on Megaupload or the likes? Or are you on Dial-up?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Windsurfer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
Delos wrote:
However, I would be interested in seeing these videos of yours.

Dial up Sad and the videos were in-game... meaning they are a series of jpegs, meaning they are completly massive. Sorry. perhaps i can figure out a way to use fraps and compress it down in a mpeg... hmm
upthescale

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Im looking at the sourceo f this gamem, and it is pretty amazing

all i can say is incredible your winning for sure
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow, i too would be interested in seeing the high media version, although i would have to use my family pc . .as my little pent 3 doesnt cut it ...

i liked the effects, really eye catching... +bits
upthescale

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the spacebar is an amazing effect
NikG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:24 am   Post subject: (No subject)

upthescale wrote:
Im looking at the sourceo f this gamem, and it is pretty amazing

all i can say is incredible your winning for sure
where would this source be found?
NickGuy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I really enjoy this game, and I'd give it "amazing" if the voting didn't seem to be closed. In turing, you managed to make a game with very impressive graphics, as well as being really entertaining, and not slow running. That deserves many congratulations, if not the best project award. The blurring effect is very amazing, would you mind giving a couple hints how that was done?
Great Job! Claping
upthescale

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i have him on msn and he gave it to me
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2005/2006 Archive
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 32 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: