Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Gr 11 Final Prject: Gravity Game
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Hack.saw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Haha i had kids in my class sitting around playing this, for some reason its addictive, lol anyways gj again on this game.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Windsurfer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:57 pm   Post subject: Awsome

Hack.saw wrote:
Haha i had kids in my class sitting around playing this, for some reason its addictive, lol anyways gj again on this game.

Very Happy That's what i make games for. I love hearing about stuff like that.
Windsurfer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:41 pm   Post subject: Okay, Finally uploaded "full" version!

So I spent 20 minutes and I uploaded a "full" version of my game. It's 84 megs! The gameplay is exactly the same, but there is much higher quality music, backround "video" of the menu, and a trailer for the game that runs when the game first starts, of when you select it from the settings menu (though, if you delete the settings file, it will think that it's running for the first time...)

note:
At this sime, I only have 114 frames of the total 600 of the menu animation... but everything else is complete. I'll be reuploading when I get the full version.

http://www.badongo.com/file/1101117
Neo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Really nice effects and original gameplay. I find the difficulty to be way to easy. Its nearly impossible to die. I leave my mouse near the bottom left corner and the enemies only spawn from the top right so Im just sitting there taping D...
For the trailer why dont you just script some action sequences using your game engine rather than taking screenshots?
Windsurfer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Neo wrote:

For the trailer why dont you just script some action sequences using your game engine rather than taking screenshots?

Well, i thought of that... that WOULD be the efficient and smart thing to do. But, it was getting near the end of year, and i figured the work to benefit ratio was simply not worth me coding a system that saves all the variables and then loads them... very tedious. Also, i couldn't resize the pictures to a lower res because Turing's Pic.Resize breaks, and isn't reliable. I also couldn't find any program that reduces a whole load of picture's quality any more than i already have.

(also, this large version of the game was meant to be on a CD, so i didn't really care about file size... as you may notice with my 10 meg mp3s Razz )
hq78

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

OH MY... GOD, WOW, that has gotta be the best turing game i've ever seen..... wow! hmm all i can say is wow lol. how long did it take you to make this game?
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you could view the trailer of Forces now Wink
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
NikG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Haha...

When you've got a trailer on YouTube and your own page on the CompSci.ca wiki, now that's success!

Congrats windsurfer!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Windsurfer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wow. I'm very happy by the success of my game. Very Happy
Thanks everyone!
Clayton

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

How did you put that together Tony? That trailer looks awesome:D
TokenHerbz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok am i the only brain dead person here??? i cant seem to "see" the download part to look at his game..
NikG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

SuperFreak82 wrote:
Actually, Windsurfer created that trailer, it's part of his game.

TokenHerbz wrote:
ok am i the only brain dead person here??? i cant seem to "see" the download part to look at his game..
Here you go.
I think windsurfer got the link wrong on the first post of this topic, but he did give a clue that it's located on the FP page...
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

NikG wrote:
SuperFreak82 wrote:

Correct. I've just recorded Turing's animation, and a tiny bit of post-processing.

TokenHerbz wrote:
Here you go.
I think windsurfer got the link wrong on the first post of this topic, but he did give a clue that it's located on the FP page...[/quote]
The fuller version is available from the Forces Page is of better quality. Most notably "save game"
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Windsurfer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes, the newer version does have more features... and the gameplay was also tweaked, but who wants to hear about that? Frankly, i'd just like to play lol.

No_Media_bielin_forces9.zip
 Description:
This is just the game. there isn't any music, sound effects, trailers, movies, or anything other than the exe.

Download
 Filename:  No_Media_bielin_forces9.zip
 Filesize:  384.4 KB
 Downloaded:  138 Time(s)

Clayton

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Tony wrote:

NikG wrote:

SuperFreak82 wrote:

Correct. I've just recorded Turing's animation, and a tiny bit of post-processing.

I know that, I meant how did he add the extra stuff on the end, all the trailer in-game is a bunch of quotes zooming in and out of the screen, theres no gameplay shown onscreen...
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 33 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: