Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Problem with turing
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 6:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

doesn't matter... you can always just go to file properties and change it back...

here's an idea for dan: take screenshots and save them as low resolution gifs or png (some low size image file).

This way people can see the code, but to copy they'd have to retype 100s of lines Wink
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
krishon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 7:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, good point
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 7:20 pm   Post subject: hummm

thata good idea but the thing is i whont poleop to be able to copey parts of it as long as they give me credit. i wroked for days on it but it is turing and i dont think it will compile so it is not much good other then school porgects. also there are some major bugs in it that i never fixed in this verison.

well thx for your cosere any way, and good luck with your game.
krishon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 7:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it dusn't run for some reason
krishon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 7:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dan, maybe i could send u my game so that u can do the variable thing for me. It loads, but it doesnot go directly to the play screen. Ted told me about putting the end if right before the menu, but it screws up the program. Evil or Very Mad
krishon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 8:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

and one last thing, sry. It keeps on saying "I/O attemped on unopened stream number -10. Open failed with message........."

wut the hell do i do Confused
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 10:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

"I/O attempt"... well first you have to open the file before you can access it. Or maybe it failed to open the file.

Should be something like this:

code:
if StreamNum <1 then
%there was an error during attempt to open the file so
quit
end if

About going to sertain part of code... Does turing have Labels? As in
code:
GoTo SomePlace

I know VB has this feature and you can jump to any part of the code with them.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
krishon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

about the goto thing, i think it may be tell and seek. I'm not too sure.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 1:22 am   Post subject: (No subject)

a friend of mine (beyond expert in turing... aka Martin) says there's no GoTo Label in turing.

Personally I saw this feature only in VB and TI83Basic.
krishon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 1:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

k, afta i looked at my file, i found the file with i loaded and saved had different names, so i made them the same. Now it says "Attempt to read past eof" how do i fixit? Confused
krishon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 1:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Very Happy Very Happy I got my other character to work Very Happy Very Happy

i just used case labels, and voila, it worked perfectly. So that problem is cleared. The only problem now was mentioned in the above post, about the eof.
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 1:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

EOF means End Of File...

basically you're trying to read information from the file, but you're at the very end already.

So you ether read as much as you know is inside... or do this:

code:

loop
exit when eof
get: StreamNum, variable
end loop

The loop exits as soon as you read everything from it.

Here's a diagram

BOF < start of file
Data
Data < you suppost to read Data only
Data
EOF < end of file
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 3:12 am   Post subject: e-mail

well it looks like you sorted out your probelem with tony but if you got another one and you whont to send us the code with out poleop copying it you can send it to our e-mail. our e-mails shude be in our porfiles.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
krishon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 5:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dan, can i send u my game. I just need you to help me go to the player's menu right after the game is loaded. I'll just send u the turing file. There's no need for the pictures and stuff. After your done, u can send it back to my email. Just tell me here in the forum if u want me to send my game. There'z no reason to send it if ur not gonna look at it
krishon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 6:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

acutally, nm, could i just put a procedure?? But then how would i put the procedure in the right spot so that it loads then it plays.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 6  [ 82 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: