Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 New Compsci Idea
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Is this a good idea? (look at post)
(Voting is closed)
Yes
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
No
47%
 47%  [ 11 ]
No Opinion
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 23

Blade

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what about the ppl that only have a few ppl that go to their school that post on the site? what about catalyst. theres no one else that goes to his school that posts on this forum.. it would be a good idea if there were more than a couple ppl from each school..
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:38 am   Post subject: (No subject)

but thats the point. Forums will be created only for schools that want to. We dont create it for each user on compsci. If a teacher wants a forum for their compsci classes, we assist them with that.

Besides, forums will just be user for stuff like school assignments and discussion of class material.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Blade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ok - then thats a good idea.... i would support that.. but only make a forum in that section for each programming language that's needed... dont go and make like 50 million generals and 50 million submissions here... i'd only make a help for each or something like that
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well those forums would be hidden unless you're part of that group anyway, so you're not going to notice a difference between 1 and 100 school forums
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you know that there's only less than 2 weeks left till summer right?!
Blade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

for me htere's only 11 days of school... well 10 and 1/2 because i have school for the first half of the day then at noon i have period 1 exam... so it sweet... but getting back on topic. oh, i didnt know you were gonna hide them. but you administrators will still be able to see all the forums and go in there and help the pplz with their problems as well. right?
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen. Does this mean that i cant go to other schools posts and see what they need help with or submittions??!! if yes then i vote no Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen. Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen. Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well if there's something they'll need help with, they should post in general area (existing compsci)

though you'll be free to join school groups if you're bored... such as some schools (Vincent Massey) might post up some very interesting challanges that many students might find interesting. And you get to pick which schools you would like to view, so you dont get overwhelming amount of threads when browse
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
so you dont get overwhelming amount of threads when browse

well compsci's community aint that big yet...
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

true, but I'm thinking few steps ahead...
Blade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i'm running in 1280 X 1024 and when i go into turing help the whole forum is filled with new posts, cant even see any already read ones... and they've all already been replyed to... this is when i check in the morning then go home for lunch... its crazy. i dont even bother reading most of it
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think it's a good idea for future... but deviding them into school groups is the part i dont like... =/
naoki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

True dat. Splitting up an already small community is dumb, as is the thought of the crap that ppl from my school could create. I mean, if that mod does anything he might just be beaten up at school, who knows?

I also feel putting the submissions of students in school folders is a bad idea; if I need help, I'm gonna ask the person, not wait till he uploads it here.

So thanks for considering us little schoolchildren, but I'm happy in this community. I don't need another reason to yell at my friends.
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no bull shit about massey. i can be mod and if anyone lays a finger on me, i'll kick their ass
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Word. I like my idea better though (the buy a forum for bits thing).
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 4  [ 60 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: