Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Moon for sale
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:26 pm   Post subject: Moon for sale

Available to chinese residents

Quote:

"There is not a law or regulation in China that prohibits the selling of land on the moon," chief executive officer Li Jie was quoted as saying.

Quote:

The company, which calls itself the "Lunar Embassy to China," had sold 49 acres of lunar land to 34 Chinese clients within three days of opening on October 19, Xinhua previously reported

This kind of reminds me of how Victor Lusting has sold the Eiffel Tower... twice Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
md

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Technically there is nothing preventing individuals or companies from claiming land on any of the moons or planets in the solar system. Most countries signed a treaty preventing them from claiming land, but the treaty applies only to the governments of those countries. I'm pretty sure this has been done before in teh states too... though I seem to remember some legal action resulting from it.

Either way, if you are dumb enough to buy land on the moon then I'd say you probably didn't deserve to keep your money in the first place.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

This idea has been around for some time. Unforntly as i see it there is no way to make a vaild land claim on anything that is no on erath. Since the only thing that whould come close to govnering it whould be the U.N. and they are agested it. treadtional the land gose to the peoleop who make it there and sent up a last conley 1st. I do not see this hapaning any time soon.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
do_pete

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

haha it's funny because they were charged with lunacy Very Happy
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the author was probably just trying to play on words Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: