Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 GAME IDEAS- Check Here First if you need some!!!!
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
poly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think these 2 that I am about to submit have never been said before:

A game like The Sims
a game like SimCity

I was talkin to my teacher the other day and he said a Student which is very good at turing made The Sims for his final project. It was complete with hunger, happy etc bars and everything. And simcity I just thought of cause I was playing SC4 a few minutes ago. Those 2 both would be very challenging, but it would probably give you an excellant mark and be very fun to play afterwards
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if he made it on turing, it probably has some cheasy graphics anywayz, me and AsianSensation are gonna make black and white
JayLo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Confused wow. you Massey people are so crazy... i wouldn't ever venture there... yet.
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

gonna take the entire summer tho...
void

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea...no kidding...it will take forever...personally i think its pointless...y would you waste urself with such a limiting language...use c++...or if ur like me and cant program in C++...be like me and LEARN IT THIS SUMMER
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well since that's the langauge we use at school, i'm kinda stuck
JayLo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i'm with you, void.
c++ over the summer, yep.
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya i'm gonna learn it too, soo many things to do so little time, only 2.5 month until school starts NOOOOOOOO
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
JayLo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya... sometimes i wish time were a vector quantity.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hah hah, vector quantity, never gets tired of a science joke...

anyways, Im learning C++ over the summer, that is, after SAT, and math. And I don't think we'll be making the entire black and white, I'll try to make AI for the creatures, instead of just scripting AI, I want to do something different, like having it recognize different situations and crap like that, oh well, if it is too hard, i'll switch the game, cuz SAT do come first, and that's going to take me alot of practice.
JSBN

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Lesson:
After poly's post wtf happened?
If your post does not keep on the topic, then don't post. If you do, either post it in the spam, or it might get deleted.
Think about the S#!T that u post. and make sure it belongs in this topic. really i should delete the posts above (up untill poly's)
What you could say:
Quote:
Wow! that is really cool, it must have taken a long time.....
Here are some other ideas:

As you can see, there is content relating to the topic. Other wise DON't post.
Here is a bad post:
Quote:
if he made it on turing, it probably has some cheasy graphics anywayz, me and AsianSensation are gonna make black and white

Analysis:
As you can see, the bad post has s#!t to do with the topic. Thus, it is a bad post.
void

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow JSBN....ummm if u havent realized...it happens on all posts and unless u ban everyone who uses compsci...it will continue....coz we are just people...mods sometimes do that too...forums are like one huge conversation...after a while...THE TOPIC CHANGES!!!....thats what makes this site interesting...wateva..if ur gonna be such a hard@$$ about it...maybe u should watch over all the posts and see what happens...?
naoki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

BlAcK TuRtLe wrote:
pong is the game for me. easy, fun, eyepleasing and still probably the best program in my class.

that's oh so sad, unless he made really good AI. unless he's not telling the truth (which i am assuming), this class should be crying for a better teacher
krishon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

or better students Laughing
naoki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 8:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ouch Surprised

krishon pours salt on the open wound
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 12  [ 177 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: