Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 FP 2005/2006?
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2005/2006 Archive
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
alikhan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yup im done, and i only did it last year. btw so does this mean lst years arent being judged?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
NikG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:53 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Sorry guys, don't mean to post on an old (/ongoing?) topic... just had a few questions about this FP contest.

1. Who's it open to?
I know it says you specify your programming experience in your submission, but it seems to me this contest is aimed towards high school students taking comp.sci during the year. I, however, am close to finishing university and I only program for fun.

2. What's the official deadline?
I ask because I have something I just started (my secret project Cool) that I'd be interesting in posting, but it's not even close to complete, and I don't get much time to work on it.

3. What are the judging categories?
i.e. Best graphics (kind of unfair to those that don't use too many graphics), Best code (what if the user only submits an exe?), Most innovative program (by who's standards?)...

4. What are the prizes?
blaster009

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

NikG wrote:
2. What's the official deadline?

Something I'm sure a few of us are wondering Smile
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The official deadline is the end of the Spring term/semester (so generally after your school projects have been graded)

While Universities end now, I think most highschools end some time in early June. So around there.

I've brought up the discussion of details with the team of moderators, so we'll try to work things out for this year.

You still have roughly 2 months.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
cool dude

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

where do we submit our FP? and will there be a topic giving information about the FP and the rules?
zylum

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

announcement at the top of this page

http://compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=3226
cool dude

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

does the program need to be made in turing?
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No, if you would take a look at the previous years competition you would see that programs have been submitted made in other languages as well (mostly Java though).
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

So what mods are going to be part of the marking this year. I blive it is the prity much the end of the school year so thess things need to be juged and marked.

If i have to do it all by my self i will, but help is allways nice. Hopfully users made polls and had user input.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Bored

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

So do you have an official deadline yet? I think a lot of people are waiting for an official word, and are delaying to the last minute to post.
Windsurfer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:15 pm   Post subject: Deadline?

I agree, a deadline would be nice. Even though i'm done, it'd like to know th results.
And didn't i read somewhere that the deadline would be about a week or so after everyone's class FP was due? My classes ended last week.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:13 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Surprised Maybe I should submit something... Though I can't really think of anything specific. Hmm...

You can still submit things though, right?
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok, the dead line is the end of the month, i will make up a marking sycme on the week end if i remember.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2005/2006 Archive
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 28 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: