Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 DWITE October 27th - My solutions
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
zylum

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

guys... 5*9! is about 1800000, less than 2 million... i tried using java and it ran 9, 2 five times in less than 3 seconds... i doubt that they will use that case five times in a row.. if they use 9, 2 three times and 8,2 twice it will easily run in time... if you were to use c++ which is faster than java then it might even be able to run the worse case in time.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think this question was a bad example, because clearly other languages will beat turing time by miles!
JackTruong

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

My compiler timed out on the 9 2 input.

If only I knew of a regex that check for unique digits, then I can probably shave a few seconds off the execution time.

The Pascal solution is up, I don't understand it at all.
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

why didnt they put the java solution, they always put both of them..
This is not fair, they should probably increase time limit for turing since it compiles too slow. Same code C++ gets a perfect whereas turing gets 0, unfair!!!!! Crying or Very sad
jamonathin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

MysticVegeta wrote:
jamonathin : our teacher didnt say stupid, because that wouldnt make sense coming from a teacher now would it?

Well that all depends on the teacher right? My calculus/geometry teacher is also the Cross Country coach, and he'll tell us that we're the stupidist team he's ever coached, yet the most talented. It all really depends on how comfortable the teacher is.
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah i guess as you get older, teacher starts becoming/feeling more free towards you. Laughing
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 21 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: