Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Picking a University
Index -> Student Life
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What about any non-engineering courses that would give me opportunity in this field? Math or physics?

When I think of electrical engineer, I don't tend to think of Robotics. Should I?

How difficult would you say the mechanical aspect of mechatronics is?

Thanks again!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:34 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes wrote:

Take a look at the courses yourself.

MTE 119 Statics
MTE 219 Mechanics of Deformable Solids
SYDE 182 Physics 2 (Dynamics)
ME 321 Kinematics and Dynamics of Machines
MTE 322 Electromechanical Machine Design
ME 481 Mechanical Engineering Design Project
ME 482 Mechanical Engineering Project

so we don't do mechanics per say until the 4th year projects. Though both of those are done in teams, with a faculty member as a supervisor - so if you're really good at the electrics, you can get away by doing all the circuits, and getting someone else to build a shell to hold those.

You could go into electrical if you're scared of the moving parts.
brenn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:33 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes wrote:
What about any non-engineering courses that would give me opportunity in this field? Math or physics?

When I think of electrical engineer, I don't tend to think of Robotics. Should I?

Thanks again!

Maths are mostly Calculus (first year algebra, too)

Like I mentioned earlier, you can take technical electives that may or may not be directly related to mechanical.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Looks good.

I guess I'll I've got to find out some more about Mac now. Then visit the campuses.

Cervantes wrote:

I was more looking for a qualitative response. What sorts of things do you do (brenn mentioned CADing, which I've never done before. Perhaps I should have taken some of those tech courses)? Do you find it harder than the programming or electrical & computer engineering courses?

Thanks once again.
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

don't worry about CAD, almost noone had any experience with that. You could use 3DSMAX and restrict yourself to 2D, but it wouldn't matter since they really start the course from 0.

As I said - you will end up doing some mechanics.. computer controller mechanics at that, but not until upper years. The University will prepare you for that, but if that's not something that you want to do - computer/software might be a better choice.
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 3  [ 35 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: