Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 LOL, have you guys ever watched "Zatoichi"???!121!
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what's that you say? something about evasive maneuvers being made in c++? i guess that would make all this talk pretty relevant then... ok carry on.

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

3d first person evasive maneuvers..with asteroids Smile
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

homer_simpson, u say uve been doin c++ a week and kno all that texturing stuff already... wher u gettin ur c++ stuff from (like tutorials or watever, seein as how id like to start learnin c++, DirectX and OpenGL this summer Very Happy)
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

MEIN KAMPF
well at first i went to nehe.gamedev.net but their tutorials were too complicated... then i tried a lotta other tutorials they were too comlicated too... so i found http://openglforums.com they've got very very nice and easy tutorials for begginers... after learning the basics i went to nehe and other sites for more complicated tutorials...
THE END =Þ
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nick, make your game Net compatable and we could have tournaments!
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, do that! Now that I found a bug that lets me cheat, I'm gonna kick all of your asses... well, untill mazer brings out the big guns from the actual build in cheats he programmed Twisted Evil
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

mazer, tell me this one thing... are the things i need to hack your program writen in an account file... or do i need to make a trainer like program that changes the value of varaibles when game is running?!
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok never mind that and take a look at this screen shot Very Happy
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

hacked.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  109.12 KB
 Viewed:  3510 Time(s)

hacked.JPG

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wow thats nice I had no problems running it at all here are all 127 of my bits
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Darkness wrote:
Nick, make your game Net compatable and we could have tournaments!

shut up you! Wink j/k, when i got off my lazy ass i'll learn vb or somthing and make it in there.

Tony wrote:
yeah, do that! Now that I found a bug that lets me cheat, I'm gonna kick all of your asses... well, untill mazer brings out the big guns from the actual build in cheats he programmed

bug? i'd like to hear about this... as for the built in cheats, there's only the One Ring code (is that what you meant?) which is only for fun. after the game in which you use it, all of your levels are reduced to 1. but i would kick ass no matter what. see the ship labeled "Mazer.bmp"? and the file "hadoken.wav"... i think you can draw your own conclusions Twisted Evil

Homer_Simpson wrote:

mazer, tell me this one thing... are the things i need to hack your program writen in an account file... or do i need to make a trainer like program that changes the value of varaibles when game is running?!

you aren't actually hacking the program itself. everything that has to do with the player (levels, ammo, money... ship type...) are stored in their account files. of course, i used binary file handling for it so if you try to edit the files in notepad you'll corrupt/fuck them up. so to write the hacking program you'd pretty much need to know the exacty record that my procedures use for storing and loading info. as for a trainer, i don't think that's even possible. not in turing anyways. you can only have one turing program running at one time i think.

anyways, if nobody comes up with a hacker by the time exams are over (actually, past that, you should spend your time on studying, not coding Wink ), then i'll post mine.

PS, what are you trying to show me in that screenshot? everything (except the font) seems to be in order...
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ohh
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

does defence suppost to go up that high?.. though thats not the question. The question is... can a player upgrade their defence as much in their very first game Twisted Evil

mrbug.GIF
 Description:
 Filesize:  110.44 KB
 Viewed:  3378 Time(s)

mrbug.GIF

Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
you aren't actually hacking the program itself. everything that has to do with the player (levels, ammo, money... ship type...) are stored in their account files. of course, i used binary file handling for it so if you try to edit the files in notepad you'll corrupt/fuck them up. so to write the hacking program you'd pretty much need to know the exacty record that my procedures use for storing and loading info. as for a trainer, i don't think that's even possible. not in turing anyways. you can only have one turing program running at one time i think.

well u never said which program to make the hacker with so i tried using c...
and that screen shot shows you the money i have when i ran the game...
i'll send a screenshot of the ammo hack also...
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
does defence suppost to go up that high?

... yes.

tony wrote:

.. though thats not the question. The question is... can a player upgrade their defence as much in their very first game Twisted Evil

... yes. Razz

yeah, i've seen some weird stuff happen in my game. my friend tried to buy a speed upgrade and ended up with -3500 credits. i guess i messed some code up when i copied/pasted the section for buying and levels.

will i fix it? nope! Wink
sorry but i already had my interview so as far as i'm concerned my game is quite 'flawless' (yes, i know that it's actually far from it).
i'll be making a better version of my game this summer with a better language... maybe even multiplayer (Evasive Maneuvers: Game of The Year Edition).

Homer_simpson wrote:

well u never said which program to make the hacker with so i tried using c...
and that screen shot shows you the money i have when i ran the game...
i'll send a screenshot of the ammo hack also...

oh.. so you're saying you hacked the money... ok. it's just that it's hard to tell that's how you got the money, for all i know you could've won that much by playing. it'd be easier to see for sure if you gave yourself more ammo (each weapon has a max amount of ammo you can buy so just give yourself 40 of everything or something so i can see.). also, don't just send a screenshot, try to post the account file so i can run it here.
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol you wanted the account file?!
here u go Very Happy

homer1.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  homer1.txt
 Filesize:  240 Bytes
 Downloaded:  151 Time(s)

Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'll be waiting for that "game of the year" release Very Happy
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 4 of 10  [ 142 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: