Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Globe and Mail University Report Card
Index -> Student Life
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

1of42 wrote:

That's true, I worded my post wrongly. However, the idea is the same. I'm sure he wouldn't be irritated if some small university in Newfoundland got omitted, but because it was the one he happened to go to, he got inflamed about it, which in itself is a bias.

That is unture, if i knew that the school was left out in souch a way i whould be just as upset with there artical. Also if all schools where in there and lakehead just had a bad review i whould probly perosanl disagra with it but i whould not be upset. I blive strong in having unbaised news sorce and such can be seen on my rants about fox news. The issue here is not unis but jorunalist intorgority. I mean they could have at least responed to the letters i worte to there editors.

Quote:

That doesn't look like him saying that I'm not making sense. That looks like him overreacting to what I'm saying, and implicitly threatening to use the fact that he runs the site to take punitive action against me because I disagree with him.

Under the deftionions of falming i have what you have posted could be taken as flaming and or trolling. This is beacuse you are intentaly trying to start a more emotal/heaed debate by posting a repostes that is a) out right unture or b) invales perosnal aspectes of the poster rather the points about the topic being deabted. It is true this is not a stong case of flaming witch is why no admin actations where taken agsisted you and why i just gave a warning, witch is my job. I did not mean it insustaly i ment it more in a way of trying to stop this topic form becoming a falmin war b/c we are no longer disusing the topic but rather me and that is not right in this kind of debate. Espltaly since only i can know how i feal, you have no way of knowing that so deabting it pointless and can only start a flaim war.

I am also insualted that you say i am using the fact that i own the site to infucnece this debate. I have never and never will take actaction aginsted a user for disatraging with me and deabting me. As i have posted serveral times in the past. In fact there is a system in place so this can not happen . Admins and super mods are not alowed to just ban a user if they have been here more then a few days. To do ban a user in good standing requers the vote of the borad of directors and i blive has only been done a few times since most users that stay here for long are not going to break the rules to an exteram point.

It is not as easy as you think to moderate a datebe and be in it at the same time with out being basied in ether roll. But i do not blive this means that i can not be part of the discurtions on this site. I allways welcome contructive critizesm on the way i or any of the staff her is functioning but it should be realized that we are not payed for this and we do try to do it for you the users.

So in summery plaes do not deabte peoleop on who they are or what they think personaly (as in why they are debating, there blifes not brought up by them self, ect. not the main content of the debate), this in my deftion is falming and/or trolling and you do not have to swear or use leet to flamin some one.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 3  [ 31 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: