Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 St. Clair or Fanshawe?
Index -> Student Life
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Which College is Better for Video Game Making?
(No ending time set)
Fanshawe College
88%
 88%  [ 8 ]
St. Clair College
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Andy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

paul what program are u in at uw?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul wrote:
I was studying in DC over the weekend and read an article in the UW newspaper that every girl who goes to UW will within a limited time get hit on by somewhat 4837 guys who thought they even remotely looked in their direction.
... I think WLU is a much better option for things like that.

Lol, that's what naoki was telling me the other day. Yeah go Arts and Science UofT, w00t!

As for St.Clair or Fanshawe, I would also take into account how much money they are offering you. If one offers much more than the other, I would try stick to that one, cuz when it's your first time buying textbooks, you'll realize that money really DOES matter.
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i dont know why UW has such a good reputation for things. Yes there are a couple of (as opposed to many) good profs, and a few (as opposed to a lot of) smart guys. but from what I've seen, there isnt really anything special in anything else. and the UW newspaper is the most fukced up piece of sh!t i've ever seen.
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

bugzpodder wrote:
i dont know why UW has such a good reputation for things. Yes there are a couple of (as opposed to many) good profs, and a few (as opposed to a lot of) smart guys. but from what I've seen, there isnt really anything special in anything else. and the UW newspaper is the most fukced up piece of sh!t i've ever seen.

It has a good reputation with employers, which objectively speaking, in the long run, is what matters most, no?
md

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Also you have to realize that the good profs tend to teach higher level courses, so if you're in first or second year you're getting the second rate profs who are new to teaching most of the time (not to say they aren't good too... usually...). The real reason UW is so good is because of hte coop program. Since coop get's you lots of experience actually working hte the field you study, when you graduate you are of more value to an employer then a student sho does not have the same experience.
lyam_kaskade

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

bugzpodder wrote:

and the UW newspaper is the most fukced up piece of sh!t i've ever seen.

Hear hear!!
(I assume you're speaking of the Imprint)
md

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey now... the imprint isn't that bad... I'll have you know that my girlfriend used to work there, and some of my friends now do... to be sure it's not the best... but still... You've got to admit that the misprint is funny though
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Imprint is retarded.

Problems:
1. I offered to write a script to put their newspaper online for them, they said no because they "didn't trust the computer." It takes about 6 hours to do reading through a document saying EXACTLY what to do. I imagine that the script would have it done in 15 seconds tops.

2. I was in Toronto and grabbed some newspapers from UoT and Ryerson to show them. They took offence.

3. Waterloo is boring. It's famous because of co-op, that's it. As soon as UoT has a decent co-op program, it'll be the new star.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:
1. I offered to write a script to put their newspaper online for them, they said no because they "didn't trust the computer." It takes about 6 hours to do reading through a document saying EXACTLY what to do. I imagine that the script would have it done in 15 seconds tops.

Isn't fear of computers great?

The wife and I recently took the dog to the vet. We asked if we could e-mail in additional information about his diet, but they told us they don't use the internet because they got hit by a virus.

So instead they do everything via sneakernet.
codemage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:20 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I think it was Mitnick that said that the only way to secure a computer system is to pull out the cord.

Some people seem to take that as advice.
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

codemage wrote:
I think it was Mitnick that said that the only way to secure a computer system is to pull out the cord.

I believe he also mentioned pulling the power cord, putting it in a safe, and having 24/7 armed guards around it. (No, seriously, he did)
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Then who was it who said you had to bury it 100 or so feet underground?
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtd wrote:
Martin wrote:

Isn't fear of computers great?

The wife and I recently took the dog to the vet. We asked if we could e-mail in additional information about his diet, but they told us they don't use the internet because they got hit by a virus.

So instead they do everything via sneakernet.

Hey, if it weren't for people like that, we'd have a lot harder a time finding a job.

The best part about the Imprint thing was that I said: "I'll set the script up to run at 6am on the day that all of the information is on the computer, so if it messes up, you can just do it by hand." They still wouldn't let me write it. Crazy.
rizzix

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

c'mon martin get the hint Wink
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 29 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: