Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Generate List for your MP3s ! + moreee
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Ashkan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:33 pm   Post subject: Generate List for your MP3s ! + moreee

Hey everyone..
Many people make games through Turing language.. however as am not into games... i tried to make a useful software which i personally needed to have for my personal use...

Download it from my site and see the little animation i made for it
http://www.arshakan.ca/listge.htm
ListGE 1.0
In case you need help with using it, read the step by step user guide in adobe acrobat which comes with it.

Its a quite useful software which was far beyond my course level and its my second software made.. well i did turing for like one semester and this was my final..

I was looking for a software to serve this purpose but either they sucked or were not free or other problemss..

So i made my own program with other aditional features.. =)

ListGE Version 1.0 features include:

Generating lists from directories and save in Word, Excel or Notepad.
Combining your lists.
Sort your lists in either ascending or descending order.
Convert the letters in your lists to either capital or small letter.
Ability to remove the file extensions.
Search through your lists and save the search result as a new list.

read more at http://www.arshakan.ca
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Ashkan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1:
turing is acually a very decent programming language for making text oriented aplications..

examples: markbooks, payrolls, accounting programs.... that sort of things..

its ez to make those programms in turing... in fact ive made payroll and markbook programs.... not fancy... ... but i have..... now if i wanted to spend time id make all input come from feilds like ur List manager.....

thats my opinion.....

btw: how did u make those vertical lines move at top of screen... that lookz good!

Yup Turing is a very easy to use language to make such programs as u mentioned as the Syntax is reallyy easy..
for example in Turing you code:
put "Hellloo"
but in Java to do the samething you code:
System.out.println ("Hello");
lolll, but Java, Delphi, C++ etc.. are a more sophisticated language especially in interface design of the program.. =)

And about the lines that move.. are you talking about the Process bar which shows the process of generating ? .. Well for that i divided the process into 5 stages.. and i measured how long it takes the program to do them,, then i took a ratio and based on the ratio as the process goes.. the boxes fill.. its not accurate . but it gives you a clue about how much of the process was done..

For 6000 Lines to generate
In Pentium IV 3.0 GHz >> Time to Generate : 5 Seconds
In Pentium II 300 MHz >> Time to GEnerate : 1 Minute and bit more
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:46 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i the ones at the top... instea ay cool... maybe ill olook at ur site source..

yea other languages are best for GAMES and that kinda of stuff...
i awnt to make some text fields like dat for my unit converter... and revamp it completely..

time to read the turing reference again Smile

is it easy? <the text feilds..
Ashkan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh yeah ... GUI is quite easy to code and there is not much logic involved in it.. but becareful cuz sometimes it doesnt allow you to do certain things within its structure.. =)
the_short1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:58 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yea..... i used GUI buttons... and other sorts of things... just not text feilds....

meh.. i read up on it.!
Bobster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol! I thought i was the only persion in t.o. that likes programing...
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Please read the rules for posting on this site. You should not revive old topics. I actually haven't seen this program before, so that's good, but next time follow the rules or trouble will follow.

What? Considering this is a Canadian site with a few thousand members, that only represent mostly high school programmers. And considering that Toronto has over 10% of Canada's population, you would think that you weren't the only one Smile. I live in Toronto too.
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ashkan wrote:
the_short1:
turing is acually a very decent programming language for making text oriented aplications..

I sorta agree with that. But you have to consider VB's GUI is way easy than turing and that VC++ compiling is 40X faster.

Ashkan wrote:
put "something", System.out.println("something");

Yes that is an advantage but what about..

Turing:
for x : 1..upper(array1)
for y : x..upper(array1)
%Sort things
end for
end for

Java:
Arrays.sort();
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:00 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Jorblax was working on the Array module, though I think he quit. Confused What I mean to say is, you'll be able to do
code:

Array.sort

in Turing as well (except it wouldn't be object-oriented, of course!)
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yea but that will be useless because in contest if we use that it will simply give an error on the judge computer. Even if holtsoft did decide to take the array module they wil take months to upgrade it lol Laughing
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, ya, but you could always manually include it - if they allow it. Or if not that, just make your own. Which reminds me how much Turing is lacking an update.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:38 am   Post subject: (No subject)

MysticVegeta wrote:
yea but that will be useless because in contest if we use that it will simply give an error on the judge computer. Even if holtsoft did decide to take the array module they wil take months to upgrade it lol Laughing

Contests are not the only things of importance.
And if holtsoft updated this within months (ie. not years), I would be happy.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: