Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 3dmax 6 modeling
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 3D Graphics
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
BPhelmet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:39 pm   Post subject: 3dmax 6 modeling

i am very not good at modeling, i tryed to model a aircraft with vertexes and stuff, but the way i think is that it is not possible to make a good model using this way, is there any other way to model or is it just i am no good?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you are just no good...
jk.

I find it hard to use 3Ds MAX (but that's because i'v used it in total, 3 - 4 times) but i created some nice stuff using MaYa but since it was a tiral version It had all text on it when i tried to render the work i did... but i find it alot easier to use, try it.
BPhelmet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok

i guess it's just that i am no good

alright

i'm thinking of using maya too, but what you say about lightware?
Amailer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Haven't used that, gatta ask others about it.
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

out of 3DSMAX and Maya, I prefer the first one. I just feel more coumfortable with its interface.

though the thing is that the ideas behind modeling are still the same. If the vertex point is displayed in a different colour, it will not make you a better modeler
Genesis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:39 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Mayas generally for character modelling, Bryce for landscapes, Lightwave from what I've seen/heard is more for 3d web graphics, 3DS Max is pretty multipurpose. But any one of them can be used to do any job, so if you learn the basics of one, learning another won't be as difficult. I'd learn Max first though, just advice from my experiences.
BPhelmet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Genesis wrote:
Mayas generally for character modelling, Bryce for landscapes, Lightwave from what I've seen/heard is more for 3d web graphics, 3DS Max is pretty multipurpose. But any one of them can be used to do any job, so if you learn the basics of one, learning another won't be as difficult. I'd learn Max first though, just advice from my experiences.

I see, what do you suggest i do so i can improve in my modeling skill, except for doing modeling. Very Happy
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

BPhelmet wrote:
Genesis wrote:

I see, what do you suggest i do so i can improve in my modeling skill, except for doing modeling. Very Happy

While you were busy typing that up, didn't you hear a voice of some kind in your head telling you how ridiculous it sounded? Or did you plan to stick a USB cable into the back of your head and have somebody load up the cg training programs?

In all seriousness, it could just be that 3DSMax's style of modelling isn't for you. Some alternatives: Blender3D, Wings3D (google).
Of course, if you aren't taking the time to get better with a program that should've cost you a large sum of money, you probably won't care enough to learn with these two.
The internet is full of tutorials for all of the well known (and just about every non well known) modelling program available.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Genesis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

BPhelmet wrote:

Improve your modelling skill by not doing modelling...good luck with that.

Like Coutsos said, there's tutorials all over the web, for 3DS Max especially. Find some, do them, and if you do enough, your skill will more than likely improve.

Check out www.3dcafe.com and www.tutorialized.com for a few decent tutorials. If your looking for something in particular, Google always seemed to help me.
PolishPunk7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hey, im new to the forums, i use max a lot for car modeling (some of you maby have heard of the SMC site (scratch made cars) and may recognize me) but ya, personally i like 3dsmax the best cause the interface it a lot easer to understand. And what to u mean by modeling with "verticies and stuff"? do u mean poly modeling? and if u do mean poly modeling, personally its the only type of modeling i can do, and it usually turns out pretty good.............wow, long first post
Universal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

3d max takes some time to get used to. I am very good in 3d max but i dont know half of the stuff in 3d max even though i have been working with it for years.
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Genesis wrote:
BPhelmet wrote:

Improve your modelling skill by not doing modelling...good luck with that.

Coutsos and Genesis, it's not as outrageous as it might seem. He's not saying, "How can I improve without doing any", he's just asking for complementary activities. For example, you can't become a good programmer without programming often, but when you're NOT programming, there's other activities you can do to ... improve your skills, I guess. You could do math, physics. You could read some source code. You could play around under the hood of some of your everyday apps (like your OS). Build a site. All those are complementary to programming in stimulating that creative center.
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 3D Graphics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: