Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Tweening...
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:20 pm   Post subject: Tweening...

I am extremely new to Flash, and since I'm not very artistic... Well. I just want to see what I can do, although there is a problem.

I did the tweening tutorial, and it didn't really help. How do I tween a shape (a frame) to slowly transform into another shape (frame) - I don't think shape tweening is the answer (but what do I know lol). Basically, what I mean is how would I make a stickmans arm move from one position to another without doing all the frames in between. At first I thought it was simply motion tweening - but when I try to experiment you can only tween the whole picture from one position to another, not a specific part.

Thanks for any help - and plz no flaming.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
TheZsterBunny

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hrm

depends on what you're trying to do with the arm.

If you're using a shape tween (the devil) to do some arm bending, I'd recommend using shape hints and lines.

If you're just moving the arm segment about, I'd make a seperate movieclip and rotate/resize/whatever and motion tween it.

Ideally, you could do it all with actionscript, but it'd take a great deal of effort.

-Z
person

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if u really want to tween, heres how u do it

1)make ur first chape in ur first frame
2)make ur second shape in ur second frame
3)drag the second frame 20 frames away from the first frame
4)highlight a frame between the 2 frames and click "shape" under the properties inspector
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: