Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Desktop (Screenshots)
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> The Showroom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
zomg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

here are some more screenshots of longhorn

3.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  70.85 KB
 Viewed:  3304 Time(s)

3.png

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
josh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

here is a pic of my new desktop, featuring a theme from Mac OS X 10.3 Tiger

I love it!!! it has this really neat thing to replace the hourglass beside your arrow when something is loading, this multicoloured spinning thing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/rhysticlight/screen.jpg
Amailer: Lets keep big images as links Smile
MihaiG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

its that microsoft word installed on it?? Twisted Evil theres a bit of M$ in everybody Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil
josh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

uh, cause it is windows XP.
wtd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ELCOMANDANTE wrote:
its that microsoft word installed on it?? Twisted Evil theres a bit of M$ in everybody Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

Well, he's running Windows XP, but Word (and Excel, and PowerPoint and an Outlook equivalent) are available for Mac OS X. Microsoft even brags that the Mac version is superior to the version for Windows.
josh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

from what I have heard and seen (while spending quality time in the apple store) it is superior.

Do they still make them for mac because they want to, or are they still bound by that agreement with apple that they could use technology like the GUI as long as they continued to produce software for the mac.

(I saw that in pirates of silicone valley I think, or doing some reaserch for a project)
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Enlightenment! This actually isn't one of the best looking E deksopts, I've still gotta customize it and get more eye candy. It's big because it's actually two desktops. Sure, lots of DE/WMs have multiple desktops, but what's cool about this is that I can just push my mouse against the edge of the screen and it rolls over to the next one. Anyways, running Firefox, XChat2 (on #compsci.ca!), aMSN in the middle (to show you the desktop thing), Azureus on the right, and in the bottom corner is Torsmo (a small system monitor program). Xmms on the bottom and Gimp on the side to take the screenshot for me.
md

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:50 am   Post subject: (No subject)

While not exactly screen shots, I've put all the backgrounds I've collected on my site for anyone interested. http://gallery.nxor.org/index.php?folder=desktop

I'd post a screenie of my current desktop, but other than the background it's kinda bland Sad
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Coutsos wrote:
Enlightenment! This actually isn't one of the best looking E deksopts, I've still gotta customize it and get more eye candy. It's big because it's actually two desktops. Sure, lots of DE/WMs have multiple desktops, but what's cool about this is that I can just push my mouse against the edge of the screen and it rolls over to the next one. Anyways, running Firefox, XChat2 (on #compsci.ca!), aMSN in the middle (to show you the desktop thing), Azureus on the right, and in the bottom corner is Torsmo (a small system monitor program). Xmms on the bottom and Gimp on the side to take the screenshot for me.

You really should look into installing another GTK theme. The controls in the GIMP and X-Chat in particular look awful.
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the mac
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Slick wallpaper.

Smile
josh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I envy you, I want a mac soooooooooooooooooo bad!!!!!!!!!!
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> The Showroom
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 8 of 8  [ 117 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: