Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Connecting to a server/database.
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
yes dan, it's really a shame that we can't run a VB database management app on your toaster... Laughing

it is, i need to know the info of my toasters stats and it is just a pain that my VB toserer database app can not run on it.

But u have to rember there are other OSs then windows, some much better ones. and affter longhorn comse out i am beting alot of poleop will be chaging to linux or other non M$ OSs.

Besides why whould u code in VB when u could uses java or C++?
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:

Besides why whould u code in VB

well say you want to quickly throw together an app that integrates IE 5.5 functionality and runs exclusivly in windows XP with 2nd service pack installed...

then...

ah screw it, you shouldn't be using IE Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Random

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:15 pm   Post subject: Usefullness of VB and an idea

I did it backwards... I learnt VB myself in gr 8 and then learned turing in gr 10. I suppose i shouldnt be arguing wit an admin about the usefulness of VB but... Its the fact that you can drag and drop controls and make such a userfriendly program in such a short time. Although, I should learn C because VB is SLOW. Using C DLLs is the way to go.

Anyway, the reason I was posting was that if youre interested in learning how to use Winsock go to http://www.planetsourcecode.com and search for a winsock chat. You'll find many good examples of server/client chats that use winsock to transfer data from one computer to another.

Hope that helped
Brightguy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:24 pm   Post subject: Re: Usefullness of VB and an idea

Yeah, VB is useful for creating quick projects designed to run under Windows.
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 19 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: