Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 The benefits of actionscript ^_^
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Tutorials
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
TheZsterBunny

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:33 pm   Post subject: The benefits of actionscript ^_^

as i play more and more with javascript, i learn how to create cooler and cooler effects.

This is a 3 frame movie, with 2 symbols (a plain blue square and a plane orange square). through the magic of actionscript i have created this.

If anyone is considering using flash, i strongly recommend using and playing with actionscript. This is not nearly as complicated as it looks.

be wowed.

-Z

Cross.swf
 Description:
^_^
 Filesize:  611 Bytes
 Viewed:  7893 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

preaty sweet for 611 Bytes, isn't it? Very Happy
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
TheZsterBunny

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Its 2 squares (single frame, 1 layered), 3 keyframes and about 40 lines of ascript. Where can i learn complex stuff (i.e. loading html pages into flash)

I've done some of the tutorials on the actionscript.org site, but most of them are either too advanced or really basic.

-Z
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i remember flash kit being a nice flash resource
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
zylum

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nice job, i used to do that kind of stuff when i began with flash too Laughing

as you advance with actionscript you will realize that for that kind of effect you really only need 1 frame and maybe 10 lines of code... i'd give you an example but i completely forgot AS since i havent done flash for almost 2 years now Sad
TheZsterBunny

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nice tutorials there, i'd forgotten.

my current goal is to load text into a flash movie. the tutorials have helped greatly, but I'm still having trouble with importing text formatting effects (i.e. <align = "center">) and hyperlinks (not ending after ).

If anyone could help, it would be very appreciated.

-Z
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: