Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Firefox 0.9
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i browsed for a different target for the 1.0 install, and it created a new icon on my desktop when it was finished. After i clicked the icon that was there before that should have led to the 0.93 version it launched the 1.0 version...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:22 am   Post subject: (No subject)

templest wrote:
Uninstall the old one but do not allow it to delete your FireFox folder. Then, install the new one in the same place where you installed the last version, which is most likely just defaults. And voila, the beauty is, when you run RC1 for the first time, it automatically updates all your plugins/extensions to run appropriately.

you still lose your plugins/extensions, whether you do it that way or just install it overtop of your previous version of firefox.
the problem is, some extensions aren't compatible yet.
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

No you don't,
You do lose some of your themese, well you don't lose them its just that their not updated for 1.0 PR. But they will be soon Smile

I got everything here from my firefox 0.9.3 or w/e, bookmarks, extensions and themes (but all the themes are unaviabale for 1.0 Sad)

P.S Most of the extensions are compatible Smile
Im using..
DOM Inspector
Googlebar
Web Developer
Sage
BBcode - Not avaiable Sad
Mozilla Calendar
Foxytunes
AdBlock
templest

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I followed the steps I mentioned above and didn't lose anything at all. I still have the same bookmarks, saved passwords, cookies, cache, and plugins (mind you, I only use AdBlock and BugMeNot). The "Auto Updater" updated everything, and in a few seconds, I was sent merrily skipping along my happy trail.
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I didn't follow any of the above instructions. And the only problem I had was that I had to go find the update for all in one gestures. Everything else was fine. Although... I see they decided to change the downloads shortcut, AGAIN...
templest

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Mazer wrote:
Although... I see they decided to change the downloads shortcut, AGAIN...

I noticed that. Very annoying, I'm already used to "CTRL+Y". "J" is too far away from the LCTRL in my opinion.j
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya that does suck and it is too far, well for the left hand atleast Wink
But Im having weird problems with the 1.0PR version of firefox.. um odd>

But i didn't have any problems with any of my extensions, they all work perefectly! (except for bbcode, something that i never use Smile)
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What are the improvements?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

im gona wait till the next release so they have a chance to fix any and all bugs that may come up.. also so all my extensions becoem compatable..

and thx for the advice to keepign extensions...... since i have a lot of extensions.. password reminders .. etc...

Gmail Notifier, bandwith tester, couple themes, adblock, mozilla calender... dom.... download it all..... + some more that i forget since i have not been on my comp in a month Sad
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul wrote:
What are the improvements?

The new method of "Find" is worth the update by itself.

Instead of popping up a new window, it uses a bar at the bottom of the screen so that anything it finds can't be hidden by the dialog itself.
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Um... i think I already have that, and I didn't dl a new version for at least a month.
templest

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya sure?

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

yasure.JPG
 Description:
:?
 Filesize:  135.63 KB
 Viewed:  1893 Time(s)

yasure.JPG

Paul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh, I thought u were talking about the thing where u just type, and it highlights the stuff on screen, and on the bottom left it would say "find stopped" or w/e
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

At first it was weird because it's so small and tucked away all down there. But now I'm liking it more. Inobtrusive, efficient, and I like how it let's you know if the phrase wasn't found once you've typed something that doesn't appear on the page.
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I liked how you used to be able to just type and it would find links right there for you.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 7 of 8  [ 116 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: