Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 The Ultimate 'Essential' Program List
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ill get shaw then,,,,,, need fast
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Kingnoz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

bugzpodder wrote:
as dan said...
so dont even think about kazaa, torrets and stuff like that

just a piece of info for those going to a university dorm...at least wlu or u of w. There were alot of files available from other ppl staying there. Pm me if u want to know a bit more.
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

anyone know where to get free cd burning things for xp?
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Windows XP comes with CD burning capability.

If you want to make mp3's into an audio cd, use Windows Media Player.
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

bugzpodder wrote:
anyone know where to get free cd burning things for xp?

http://www.apple.com/itunes Smile
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm curious, are you guys really worried about a crackdown on pirated software at university? I'm sure it's a bad idea to do the pirating over there, but will they actually check your computers for it?
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Mazer wrote:
I'm curious, are you guys really worried about a crackdown on pirated software at university? I'm sure it's a bad idea to do the pirating over there, but will they actually check your computers for it?

As far back as '98 campus Resnet admins were already paranoid and tyrannical. Do not tempt their wrath, because they will shut you down if they even suspect you're breaking the rules. Plus, the day-to-day operations are usually run by upperclassmen who haven't yet figured out that they're not God's gift to computer science, and they often have very little respect for underclassmen, in my experience.
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtd wrote:

As far back as '98 campus Resnet admins were already paranoid and tyrannical. Do not tempt their wrath, because they will shut you down if they even suspect you're breaking the rules. Plus, the day-to-day operations are usually run by upperclassmen who haven't yet figured out that they're not God's gift to computer science, and they often have very little respect for underclassmen, in my experience.

Do you know how most unis are moderting the content on there net? Are they just checking how much bandwith u use? the ports? or are they acutaly anzaling the packets to find out if they belong to any p2p app?
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
JHDK

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

use JetAudio instead of Winamp, it's as Linux is to Windows.
And you shouldnt use XP to burn music cds if you have cdrw, they wont work.
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That is a blaitent lie , you need to do some homework before you post , XP is fully compatible with CD-RW , If you believe diferently , please post as to why this bug is occuring , If you have hte HIGH MAT update installed ( always use windows update ) then your just fine , even without it , you will be fine
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

does this 'jetaudio' have as many good streams and plugins liek winamp does??

i dont think so!

all the sttations ive seen are windam compatiple and maybe windows media player or real

the non presense of jetplayer means ... SHITY ONLINE READIO... so it = sucky!

but true.... windows xp built in burning is slow and shity... (that i know cuz ive used it... very blah... ).... BurnQuick is a FAR better burning program!
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1 wrote:
all the sttations ive seen are windam compatiple and maybe windows media player or real

What the hell are you talking about? Streaming audio is streaming audio. Or have you actually tried jetaudio?
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1 wrote:
does this 'jetaudio' have as many good streams and plugins liek winamp does??

i dont think so!

but true.... windows xp built in burning is slow and shity... (that i know cuz ive used it... very blah... ).... BurnQuick is a FAR better burning program!

... he did say it was for linux... -_-;;
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 4 of 4  [ 58 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: