Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 hot108 banners!!!!
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> The Showroom
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:49 pm   Post subject: hot108 banners!!!!

www.hot108.com

these are their old ones... that i think suck

http://www.hot108.com/hot108banners.html

and they said more to come.. but that was like 3 months ago and still no new ones..

so i took it upon myself to make some nice ones for them (i emailed them to admin) so if u see these banenrs on that page someday... u can know it was me Razz

used Ulead Gif Animator 5.5

two of their catch phrases are 'Spiining The Best Jamz' or something along those lines... and 'Thumping the best beats HARD... all day long' or something like that... so i made two themed banners acording to those...

http://www.members.shaw.ca/short1_music/hot108.html

anways... tell me what u think.. and / or any improvements or suggestions. these are my 2nd and 3rd animations ive ever done. ..,
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

personally I dont like the spinning text you have in your animations Confused

though the main consern would be that your "transparancies" are colour to white, not to transparent. It looks really messed up Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

wanted to go with the theam..

anwyas... white?? everywhere where their is no image its transparrent... cuz at the time i made those i did not know how to make a solid block of color to go behind it... now i do... but i made these like a week ago..
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:17 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ahhh.. around the text... thats cuz of the glow effect... it shades from the color to white.....

i made those glows so no mater what the background color is, u can still see the writting..
Maverick

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya i dont like those colours much, yellow and blue? looks kinda bad.
JayLo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

and it's pretty slow. the slow frame rate makes it look uber-choppy.
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm... ill try to fix some chopyness issues.... i wanted to keep the fill size down so it down so ppl with 56k can view them fast and all...
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> The Showroom
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: