Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Here is some Flash art
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Tutorials
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Delta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:10 pm   Post subject: Here is some Flash art

I'm new at this so bare with me I'll get better once I practice but here are a couple drawings I did today... I drew the second one (happy_birthday_sarah.swf) for my friends birthday because she lives so far away... but ya... tell me what you think.

happy_birthday_sarah.swf
 Description:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH
 Filesize:  23.33 KB
 Viewed:  5062 Time(s)

lizzy.swf
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.11 KB
 Viewed:  5062 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
TheZsterBunny

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

interesting style. cell shading, but it looks better than most.

I don't know these people, so i can't compare the similarities, but it seems well drawn.

-Z

p.s. you do know about the bitmap trace function, right? Razz
Delta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

bitmap trace function? do tell... it may save me some time
TheZsterBunny

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:25 am   Post subject: (No subject)

MX 2004 Help wrote:

To convert a bitmap to a vector graphic:
1. Select a bitmap in the current scene.
2. Select Modify > Bitmap > Trace Bitmap.
3. Enter a Color Threshold value between 1 and 500.

When two pixels are compared, if the difference in the RGB color values is less than the color threshold, the two pixels are considered the same color. As you increase the threshold value, you decrease the number of colors.

4. For Minimum Area, enter a value between 1 and 1000 to set the number of surrounding pixels to consider when assigning a color to a pixel.

For Curve Fit, select an option from the pop-up menu to determine how smoothly outlines are drawn.
For Corner Threshold, select an option from the pop-up menu to determine whether sharp edges are retained or smoothed out.
To create a vector graphic that looks most like the original bitmap, enter the following values:

Color Threshold: 10
Minimum Area: 1 pixel
Curve Fit: Pixels
Corner Threshold: Many Corners

Now, lets observe the two pictures below.

the one on the left is the original image, and the one on the right has been traced.

I used some large values to make the demo more obvious:

Color Threshold: 15
Minimum Area: 5 pixel
Curve Fit: smooth
Corner Threshold: few corners

lets zoom in on the movie (right-click, zoom in)

observe the two pictures in increasing zoom. notice that the original picture has the pixel discolorations and the traced image is more blocky (intentional)

In flash, my leftmost picture is one imported image, and my right is a collection of vector lines and fills.

Obviously, because the imperfections in the picture were duplicated, the picture loses quality as one zooms.

to trace a bitmap, one must select it, click on the modify menu, bitmap sub menu, and trace bitmap.

-Z

the only use i ever found for it (other than 'artistic merit') was to help some friends complete an assignment in a different compsci class. (they were to duplicate a comic strip using vector graphics)

Traced.swf
 Description:
 Filesize:  21.46 KB
 Viewed:  5047 Time(s)

Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: