Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Firefox 0.9
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/
that's new. And having many updates is not a good thing, because updates 1 after another means there were many bugs int he eairler one :S so M$ -.-

EDIT: Actually that is for 0.9, idk what's new in 0.9.1 maybe bug fixes
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Okay, bell just mailed me msn premium some how oddly yesterday, so i decided to install it today. I was testing the browser speed out with FireFox and the one msn premium uses.. i think it's IE it's self..
NOW, my counding of time could be screwed, but the MSN on is up to the same speed as firefox, i tried it on suprnova, it loaded faster.. but ont he actual IE it loads 30 seconds after it has loaded on firefox.. what the hell?

And when if i go to another site, type suprnova.org.. it loads up as if it was already there, WHAT THE HELL?

Except now, when i clicked 'forums' on msn w/e, it took loger to load the firefox, firefox loaded in 3 seconds or so. But then when i tried it agian, it laods the same speed.
Could it be? they are the same speed?
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What if you try clearing the cache for both browsers before timing them?
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:29 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I did actually, i see no diffrence. I do see tons of diffrence when i run the normal IE...
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:22 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hmmm...... well oviously msn premium is better.....

they purposely made hotmail slow and stupid for the rest of us... and they are making it slowly worse so eventually everyone weill pay... cuz they are used to the hotmail service and dont want to chagne...

yea well... IE dont update a lot cuz they just leave the bugs there (they have just as much if nbot more) to piss us off instead of fixing them... they wait years to fix them bugs... wehreas firefox fixs them RITE away..
Amailer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:50 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I still prefere FirefoX... tabs are just the best
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well.. they did rip that off netscape 7
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

did they?? i thoguht it was other way around... Thinking
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Netscape Navigator, at least following the 4.x series has been built on top of Mozilla. Firefox is built off this same base. Firefox, however, is quicker to incorporate changes and improvements.
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:53 am   Post subject: (No subject)

SHS` wrote:

hmmm for the SVG one... the firefox image changed to a blue globe Shocked and i see no diffrence :S
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:24 am   Post subject: (No subject)

when dis ssh write then? where??

and wth is svg?

Confused
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

http://www.croczilla.com/svg/samples/svgtetris/svgtetris.xml
apprently you can make game with it?
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hey all... i was looking in 'about:config' for the settings for text sizes (since ones in optionb pagses dont work) i want it to permanantly make all text bigger so its eaier to read (i far away from monitor)...

and i found this.... it was set to false on default and i didn;t even know about it.... i just turned it to true to see how it is.... (i really like about:config, very nice ... change all settings in firefox...)

and so far.. maybe its just me... but pages are loading muchg faster... -amailers slow signature! <<< trying to get a better host for u amailer... just wait...(just for signatures)

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

hmm.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.04 KB
 Viewed:  2029 Time(s)

hmm.gif

Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:24 am   Post subject: (No subject)

My sig loads slow Sad,
never knww...
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

cant find it.... anyone know where setting is to change all fonts..... like i tried in options but it didnlt work for me..

like when u pres CTRL and + it makes all text biggger and easier to read.... but when i close firefox... it goes back to default size next loading,.... anyone know where/ how to make it stay??? thx...
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 4 of 8  [ 116 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: