Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 What would you do with 700 GB of space?
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
shorthair

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:39 am   Post subject: (No subject)

did you say it would selll for 4000 dollars , dude in canada we pay

1 Dollar = 1 Gig

in america 60cents = 1 gig

so it would go for under 700 dollars or just about 700 dollars
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

700GB is not aucatly that much, on techtv they set up a normal computer with 1000GB for only $2000 or somting. There are servers out there that have teribytes of space. what whould be cool is a 700TB HDD.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I could probably never use up 1 tb of hd space in my life...
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:30 pm   Post subject: Re: What would you do with 700 GB of space?

Amailer wrote:
.. asnwer the Question Rolling Eyes

How do I asnwer a question?
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i know its about 1 gig a $..

except since u cant go to Futureshop or www.tigerdirect.com and buy a 700 GB HDD u could prob sell it for a LOT more... rite?

yea.. the techtv thing... they have connections with manufactures to get good deals im shure..... is their such things as 1TB HD's ? <that would be wicked... never uninstall an application..... never delete a file...

aren't most servers SCUZZI ? so u can have more then 4 HD/CD channels?

PB he wants u to say what u will do with 700GB Razz
templest

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
hahah..... acually.... if i knew anyone with a 700GB hd... id make a virus to eat up al the space Razz

hah, even more uses for the virus I made in turing a while back. maybe I can update it. Razz
TheZsterBunny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:53 am   Post subject: (No subject)

700GB? that isn't all that much.

I have 320, and its almost full.

If you want to suck up some space; get these games:

1) Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow - 2.1GB
2) Unreal Tournament 2004 - 5.3GB

um, 3) Manga Viewer (estimated at 22 GB)

the best games suck up space.

also, i download tons from bit torrent and kazaa and emule, so i lose space quickly
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:02 am   Post subject: (No subject)

TheZsterBunny wrote:
um, 3) Manga Viewer (estimated at 22 GB)

What?! You're telling me that's a game? Or you just have a huge collection of manga?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:39 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I've some space problems... I have 2 jdk's installed, dunno which one to uninstall Confused
the_short1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

jdk? java?

why dont u uninstall both and just install the jre! <the complete one,..
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Jdk -> java development kit
Jre -> java runtime environment
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1 wrote:

yea.. the techtv thing... they have connections with manufactures to get good deals im shure..... is their such things as 1TB HD's ? <that would be wicked... never uninstall an application..... never delete a file...

Not yet, what techtv did is hoke like 3 HDD together to make it actck like one big one.

And i don't think 1TB of space whould last forever, it seems that as space gets bigger we have files that take up more space and more of them. For example a few years ago it whould be nuts to have a 5GB file and on the computer i am using now i have serveral of them.

I am quite shure you could use up 1TB prity fast if given a fast enogth net conection.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

man all those solutions take too much work. I'd just sell the whole damn hard drive and buy me some alchole.
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
I am quite shure you could use up 1TB prity fast if given a fast enogth net conection.

It's not all about the connection speed. Some providers (especially the one's for you suckers that'll be living in residence next year) only give you a certain amount of bandwidth per month. And a terabyte is still pretty huge, but yes we could fill it eventually.
naoki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm ... 1 TB ..... yah i could easily fill it up ........ it'd just take all summer though

all you need to do is never delete anything you download ...... like getting the entire series of naruto anime on your HD and keeping it there ....... or something else

music files are kinda small ....... so your best bet is like .. movies (DVD rips) ...... like trying to fit all the Harry Potter, Godfather, Rocky and LOTR series onto your computer would be pretty cool

or just do what homer says ...... and sell the HD so you can get blasted every night for a month
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 4 of 5  [ 63 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: