Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 "Movies"
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That is only the 1st moive, the 2nd one (end of evagnaion) is them redoing the ending of the show to make sence to more poleop.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

So there actually is a movie? Or a movie version (that covers the whole story)?
Delos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Animé movies...
I somehow ended up watching Hack Liminality...

Ep. 1...not bad...intersting exposition...
Ep. 2...wah?! Suckness.
Ep. 3...ooooo...so kool...nice ideas...
Ep. 4...wth...what just happened...you call that an ending!

Meh...waste of 1gb of space...

Ah well...one needs to something to remind one that not all animé is amazing...a small amount is the suckness...

Hmm...that reminds me...I've got some other ones to watch...
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Mazer wrote:
So there actually is a movie? Or a movie version (that covers the whole story)?

there are 2:

1. just clips and some new stuff that covers the whole story
2. All new and is the ending of the show

Quote:

Animé movies...
I somehow ended up watching Hack Liminality...

i whould not realy call liminality an movie, it is more of an side sotry to the game.[/quote]
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hahah..... i want to see 50 first dates.... but from the comments here.... meh... making me think twice.. prob still see it cuz adam sandlar is still really funny..

tonite im going to see Terminal... hopefully Tom Hanks will be a little funny... common.. he gets stuck in a airport? anyways... dont really care taht much if its good or not.... gona be with a really hot chick... so its all good..
ill post my review of the movie tomorow..
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Anime....yum...

Some movies I've seen lately.

Farenheit 9/11. I didn't think that this movie was very amazing. Bush is our savior. Hah, yeah right. But still, Michael Moore bent facts quite a bit in this movie to the point where I wasn't sure if the stuff that I didn't already know about was true either. It abused people's emotions too much, instead of throwing fact after fact like in Bowling for Columbine. The other thing is that Bowling for Columbine seemed to be more universal and therefor relevant to me. I can't do anything about American politics.

Equilibrium. This movie is godly. The Matrix meets 1984. Gun kata. Need I say more?
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Darkness wrote:
Equilibrium. This movie is godly. The Matrix meets 1984. Gun kata. Need I say more?

Yes. I'd say: "It's like 1984 except the end doesn't suck ass! And like the matrix would've been if they stopped with the original good movie."

I've only ever seen the end part, and that was without any sound. But it was that cool. Kapow! Bang! Schwiiiing! Fwooosh! Splortch! Yep, I did the sound effects myself to compensate.
naoki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Gun kata's look ugly on screen. When he took those two handguns and started beating on the guys, all I could think of was why they weren't reacting. If a guy is hitting me hard enough, I'm pretty sure I'd reel backwards to protect myself. On the other hand, if his blow isn't hard enough to do that, I'll just take my gun out and blast him, or deliver a blow myself.

Secondly, 1984's ending serves a purpose, Equilibrium gives you what you want. It's the ending that everybody who knows about dystopic literature and movies is waiting for: a hero to end the suffering. Because of this, the director neglects to create a tangible plot himself to explain how this cleric can do all this by himself. I watched the whole movie just to see how the hell could Cleric kill all those men himself (besides being called the best sweeper, which is more like calling Neji the #1 rookie; meaningless).

Only cool part was when he fought off the leader dude and they were dodging each other's gunshots. The rest of the film looked like ass

but i still love ya mazer 8)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dauntless

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Gun katas are implausible. Eat it up, anime freaks.

Anyways, what I didn't get is why they didn't have a bunch of clerics protecting him...instead of grunts. The beginning was good, with the strobe-light gunfight in the dark. The end? Not so satisfying. Compared to the Matrix where it builds up starting from where Neo gets plugged in, to the part where he blasts his way through a hallway of SWAT, up to the part where he stops the bullets and kills Smith... Equilibrium just couldn't compare. It was a stop and start movie; you thought he was finally gonna take it all the way, and then he stops fighting. For example...when he meets those first few renegades , when he switches the pistols, he kills that squad of sweepers with the pistol butts...he stops fighting when his partner shows up. Then in the interrogation room, he starts...and stops. I liked the part with the swords, naturally.

Equilibrium, out of 10? 7/10. Good atmosphere, some good scenes, but too stuttery. They could've played up the loss of feelings thing better than they did, rather than focusing so much on gun fights that were more or less the same.
naoki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Dauntless wrote:
I liked the part with the swords, naturally.

You mean when the fought with the tonfas and the black dude got owned (while flirting too), or at the end when the black dude is cocky again, and brags about "not getting his uniform dirty" or something, and then gets sliced in two?

There's prolly one good swordfight in there, but because it's sandwiched between mediocrity, I forgot about it.
Dauntless

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The part where he goes into the room (before he has the gunfight with "Father"), and he backs up, grabs the guy's katana, and kills the ring of black suits. That's before he chops the one guy in half.
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It's an action movie guys, it's not worth analyzing. It's just a fun thing to watch.
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

soeaking of matrix... how was the last one that they made? cuz i was thinking on renting it.... i saw the first two.... just want to see the third...

DONT DIS MATRIX.... it was cool movie!
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it was ok, don't remember much from it though, don't remember much from any movies I see, except for the stepford wives, nothing more scary than gawking at robot women and commenting, with ur girlfriend right beside u.
Dauntless

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

RE: Equilibrium, as an action movie it wasn't even that great.

The only good Matrix was 1. 2 and 3 were unbearable; if you're a total Matrix geek, you'll love the twists. I think the Wachowski brothers indulged themselves as Matrix fans too much and not enough as directors making a good movie.

The thing about the Matrix was that it broke new ground. You could watch it as a newcomer and be affected by it. The second and third Matrix, rather than having the groundbreaking power of the first would have been more effective as prequels or parallel storylines. I liked how the first Matrix ended. You knew that Neo had power over the agents. You knew he was going to win.

Spoiler (in white):
Even though Neo didn't exactly win at the end of 3, it wasn't satisfying. It was pretty convoluted and confusing at the end actually. So the Matrix actually screws everyone over because everything that was supposed to happen actually happened.

Maybe 2 and 3 would have made better separate movies rather than sequels, because the satisfying premise established in 1 was ruined just so that the world of the Matrix could have more depth. I don't think I'm very alone in saying that the Wachowskis could have done the movie world a favour (and leave a more poignant memory of the Matrix) had they stopped after the first Matrix.

Isn't it ironic that the first Matrix movie was the best one, though the first (actual) Matrix wasn't? Maybe they should have learned from their own movie.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 5  [ 63 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: