Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 "Movies"
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
naoki

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think everyone should see "bowling for columbine", only because they feature windosr. yes, i couldn't believe it, but the guy actually went to windsor to interview people about gun laws and stuff. he also went to sarnia and asked the sherriff. but the fact that they even interviewed a cop on the riverfront proves it.

i think that was pretty damn cool, considering how it was such a famous movie and everything.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

its actually a documentary, but that doesn't matter. that roger moore guy is an idiot, no offence to his followers though.
jonos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well i saw the last samurai, and seriously that is one of my favourite movies now. i came out of the movie theatre with way more respect for japanese history, culture, and tradition. its amazing how disciplined they were. the bravery the samurai must have shown when committing the suicide demanded of them in the code or whatever.

oh ya, and the japanese woman was really beautiful too, so thats an added bonus.
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

no they arent. Dont lie. Obviously they wanted to cast good lookin japs but obviously there are ugmos as well.
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:37 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i said woman, not women, i don't remember even seeing that many other wormen, but the main one was really beautiful.
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, instead of starting another topic, I'll just use this one. Maybe from now on this can be the thread in which we post anything about movies...
Anyhow, which movie should I go see?
- The stepford Wives
or
- The Terminal

Its totally my choice... and the reason seems to be the fact that Im paying... and Im not really good with decisions...
but yahoo ratings gives the Terminal a B+ while the SWs a C+
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

One of my favourite movies is called Haggard. If any of you are fans of cky/jackass you'll know who ryan dunn is, the movie is a story about part of his life where he gets dumped by his girlfriend, and then bam and brandon try to cheer him up. What makes the movie so unique is the people behind it. they are all crazy so their movie is also crazy.
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

jonos wrote:
its actually a documentary, but that doesn't matter. that roger moore guy is an idiot, no offence to his followers though.

Have you even seen bowling for columbine?
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Bowling for Columbine was one of my favourite films, because I'm sick of seeing movies which are filled with product placements and other corporate bs. Micheal Moore is one of the few people with enough courage to stand up to the film industry and do something different. He is far from being an idiot.
Delos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Princess Mononoke.

Ah, Miyazaki...two freakin hours long! But totally worth it.
Dauntless

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well Michael Moore tells us what we want to hear and secretly have believed all along. He's definitely a spin doctor. I wouldn't say his stuff is a balanced of things. Definitely leaning towards propaganda. I dislike it because
a) You add a humourous bent to things and people remember your point because it was funny. They don't think about whether or not it has merit.
b) You show them something incongruous to what they've normally seen and add something that is true, and suddenly they're convinced. Wyrd Sisters, anyone?

Anyways, I liked Bowling for Columbine. I sort of dislike Michael Moore though, because he doesn't seem genuine.
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

He seems prity genuine to me, all the times he has been on t.v. he has keeped to his belfies that he shows in his docuemotrys. I see no reason to think he is not genuine, i just dont think some one whould go to the effort if they where not. It is alot easer to make movies and docmeuntys that are not polticly charged. For example his latested documenotry also never saw the light of day b/c it was so agested the bush goverment.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ninja Scroll was pretty cool, though it could've done without all the naked chicks. 'Specially the one with the snakes. Best quote: "Ah! My best hat!"
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

while we are anime movies, has any one seen the two NGE movies? End of Evangoalion was prity cool (but i gusse you whould have to be a fan to get any of it and even then.....).
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I was gonna download it back when I thought it was a movie, but apparently it's like a kabillion episodes... yeah, so I didn't download it.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 5  [ 63 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: