Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 How is compsci.ca?
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Do you think compsci.ca has gotten better or worse?
(No ending time set)
Better
35%
 35%  [ 10 ]
Worse
42%
 42%  [ 12 ]
Stayed the Same
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 28

da_foz

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 10:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

When your target is high school students, you are going to have more instability. Many people have not coded before in high school, they take a course and come here for help. Then they decide they don't like it and move on. That gives a very high turnover rate.

I think you need a way to targeting users who are more likely to stick around. With a bunch of you gonig into university next year that may help.

I think that's the basis for my thoughs on the matter.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

fo shure..

as soon as dan gets in to uni.... hes gona post ads all over the place. .. RITE DAN?

then we will have more advanced users....

but we should still keep trying to get highschool students too.. because then we provide a place for them to foster their knowledge (give ideas... show the power of that programming languages...) and become more interested in the subject... that way will still have beginers at want to go all the way.. AND will get more advaned ppl for the java etc forumz...
Dan

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 11:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1 wrote:

as soon as dan gets in to uni.... hes gona post ads all over the place. .. RITE DAN?

LOL, while martin and tony have done a good job of that to u of t all ready.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:21 am   Post subject: (No subject)

We'll do such a good job littering the planet with ads that one day aliens will come to earth and be like 'CompSci.ca? I thought this was earth?!'
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:20 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hahahahah... i couild acually see that happeneing.... cuz this fporum is growing very healthyly!.. and from Referer Risk... u can clearly see we had taken over the world!!!!
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

haha Laughing can anyone else see compsci offering atleast online highschool credits in CS in few years? no? yeah... I've got a tendancy to come up with really out of it ideas.

but once the senior level generation of users will enter university in september, I defenatly see some growth potential in multiple areas there
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

compsci.ca TEACHING gr.10 studens compsci!!! OMFG!!! that is a GREAT idea...... take a bit to confince ppl and make it oficial and all..... i can see that in the future!!~!!!!

wow..... hold on to that one...

and also we coud get money from that and BUY the BEST servers and tons of SPACE!!! and more PAID advertisements (pay others to adverside compsci)!!!!!!!!
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 6 of 6  [ 82 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: