Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [FP]Racing Game with AI (Finally i am done)
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2004/2005 Archive
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

what do you think
(Voting is closed)
good
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
fair
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
needs improvement
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
just give up
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

AsianSensation

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 9:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

how about I move this to the FP submission forum, where your project could be graded, and maybe score some extra bits in the process?

btw, Mazer's right (like always), please have private conversations elsewhere, like in Spam of GD. Don't do spam so much in relevent threads, it makes it very hard to spot the relevent posts when so much other crap is floating around.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea took me a while to figure it out..

maybe post clearere intructions

u left click on where to draw that peice... press up to change that peice around ... then press enter to finalize that peice.. then u can move mouse to new spot and left click then do the up button again..

then press enter twice to RACE

also... yea i was gona say add some colision detection with walls and vehicles.. but someone already did...

i really like how its split screen and how the raceway scrolls.... and how its all in the map and stuff so its not all visible at once...

View.Clip i read it... still dont know exactly what it is.... nice stuff (using unknonw features)....

just noticed something: maybe tell the user to start their track at the lower left corner.... cuz i made a map elsewhere and i started on grass

good game... little bit of improvement needed but tis good +7 BITS... also please just update first post with new file!
alikhan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i'll update the file just incase it is corupted but make sure ur map connects, and that it all meets up to 1,1 and no left over or u cant race.

i have updated controls aswell (sorry if i forgot to make them clear)
for map making:
-left click to change map piece
-right click to freely move the mouse
- enter to start the race
for racing :
-player 1:
- up,down to acellerate
- right and left to turn
-player 2:
-w,s to acellerate
-a,d to turn
on some computer for some reason my colors invert, the grey becomes green and green becomes grey
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

do u have a button to delte a peice??

that i had issues with that but forgot on previous post..

nice intructions! much better!!
alikhan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yes i do have a piece that erases other pieces. just keep clicking and one of the boxes will clear the square., it is like a map piece.+ i have AI now so try it again to play 1 player.
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow... and ur in gr10?

just wow

that is really dam good!

i think this is ONE of the best in the FP contest right now!

good luck.. ** now i have to revamp my pacman and add more levels Sad

yes b4 i wasn't able to get the blank green peice..

also i like the FONTS
the colision detection dont work..Sad
suggestion: move the AI variable to the FIRST line .... having to hunt for it aint good! or maybe ask the user

put "1 or 2 player"
get numofplayers
if numofplayers = 1 then
AI := true
else
AI := false
end if

the new gradients for grass and road are nice!....

Glitch: i was able to control the AI when i was in one player...
i was losing...
so i made AI turn into the grass (button 'a') so it would slow down! also that then made the AI not move no more until i put on track again..

i still dont have a clue how u pulled this off... making the AI follow the line.,.. and making the map the way it is.... its just WOW... View.Clip has something do to with that... wow.... u should do a turoial on Clipping so more ppl know about it..,,. im still stupid on it... Sad
alikhan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yes i am in grade 10 however i take grade 11 compsci.
It was late at night so i just made the post so i could have it at school since our school doesent allow using email. collision does not work yet. the AI can still be controlled. the game asks you for the number of player.

As for View.ClipSet it works like this
View.ClipSet(x1,y1,x2,y2) and by doing this you can now only display on the screen in the enclosed area. that is how i split screen. As for the gradients its just a for loop with a whole bunch of different shades of green or greyusing RGB.
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea..... i got the split screen part... i did read u code and turing reference....

its how u are just seeing that one section of road and the rest is awaiting..... do u draw it completely out (like 4000x4000 pixels, then just do the View.Clip to see a small section?

yea the RGB values eh..... i woulda just drawn a green box and randomly put a black dot it in .... that works!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
alikhan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the black dot idea would not work quite as well i tried it at first cuz i was unf imiliar with RGB. as for your first question. Noi donot create 9*maxx by 9 * maxy pixels all at the same time that would just slow the comp down like crazy. what i did was only draw all the a map pieces directly around the one ur and the other car is on. the rest are ignored till they are reached. however the're location is always in memory
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

k... thats cool gr11 compsci..

i knew it..cuz u dont learn that shit in gr10! or u did a LOT of advanced learning after gr.10 * if u were in gr.10 compsci...
but since ur not... taht answered my suspicions perfectly...

thankx for ur insight of the View.Clip etc.!
cant wait till gr.11 compsci... i get to do JAVA! Razz

btw: i would remove the other 2 uploaded files on the first page... since one says UPDATED... one might think its the updated version ofthe AI one... even though its pertty old!

btw: good u added a poll!! sposed to be 5 options tho! excellent, good,avg,need Improv, sucks

but w/e
its all good!

ahh.. i should do a little reading on RGB!..... the more code u read* and try from the turing reference... the better the programmer u become!
at least that works good for me!

-kevin!
alikhan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ha turing reference really helps i mean it. and no i did not take grade 10 compsci. learned it all this year. now i am working on a slighly better AI one that is somwhat less uniform. hope to update later
alikhan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:29 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i have now added damage to the cars. each car has a given amount of armour that will be changable during the stats bar (not yet included). once their car is damaged the stats of the car drop like aceleration, topspeed. plus the car also shows the damage that it has recieved.
alikhan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Finally i have handed it in and the preasure is gone. much different look from where it was last posted.
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2004/2005 Archive
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 28 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: