Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 How is compsci.ca?
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Do you think compsci.ca has gotten better or worse?
(No ending time set)
Better
35%
 35%  [ 10 ]
Worse
42%
 42%  [ 12 ]
Stayed the Same
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 28

the_short1

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 11:23 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ok... i have ideas.... lattest: trying to get the users CPU speed automatically and use that for delays.... without askingm the user..
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

jonos wrote:

Where in hell's frozen abyss is the Dark Side. That is why I stuck around.

Well i am still working on it, it will probly be part of the updates during the summer. There are a few isues with it, such as leagal ones that need to be thougth out as well b4 we could go throw with it. I have a few araticals for it writen up but they need some fine tuneing. Also i am not fully shure what level the Dark Side will be focused on, i whould like it to be an introduction to some of the stuff that is "Dark" on the web witch whould mean there whould not be anything extreamly impervies for poleop that know a alot about this subject all ready. Also i whont it to be a kind of cominty where poleop can share ideas about securiy realted isues. We will see how it gose Wink

Catalyst wrote:

We should restart the dTeam (with a different name)

I whould like to as well, just school been taking up so much time.

the_short1 wrote:

ok... i have ideas.... lattest: trying to get the users CPU speed automatically and use that for delays.... without askingm the user..

Well that whould be a hard way of doing things and kind of pointless too. What you do for a dealy that whould be the same on almost all comps is base it on the sytem time rather the CPU clyces. This can be esaly done with the time comands in most languges and whould not make much scence to make a project of it.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Catalyst

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=1016
the_short1

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

so just take the FPS and use that times an amout to make delay.... .thats smart..... i was just going to get the speed... then use that.... but ur module makes it nice and easy.... thanks..
Andy

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think compsci isnt as good as b4... remember the days where we actually did compsci and actually cared about programming?? those were the good days
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

True that. I think part of the problem is that us old timers have pretty much moved away from turing, so we don't make the cool programs as much anymore.
Andy

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea i remeber how we used to spend hours trying to come up wit cool programs or cool effects then show off to our fellow programmers... now compsci is filled with idiots with no life and no programming skillz
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

and that's another reason to remove that worthless non-skilled forum 'spam', rename it atleast -- Confused

[mod:623b0fc3cf]why do i get blamed for everything???
-dodge[/mod:623b0fc3cf]

Oh well, i can't really tell. Im no good of a programmer, and the only programming lanuage I know is PHP... also I havne't been in compsci for that long, but seriously it has changed Shocked
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 8:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I realy do not think the spam fourm is the soruce of all evil. It has been there since the start of this site. The main problem i see with it is that it gets blamed for everything bad that happens with this site for no reason if i got ride of it who/what whould u blame?

Any how i do aggery that there seems to be a lowering amount of new cool code, and i think the reason for this in part may be b/c every one is over run with school and geting in to uni (for the grade 12s). What i hope to happen is that this site will go more in to other langs like java and that we will start making cool progames and tutorials for that as well.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 8:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea.. well u got to remember... part of the reason we have less cool stuff is because the new programmers are not getting into compsci because they dont know the members...

like dodge... and maverick,.. jonos... pb.... zylum,...catalyust.. they a.ll knew someone on compsci b4 joinging im shure... so they are more into it.. and made those cool programs FOR compsci... or at least some of them

we are getting total strangers joining the forum.,.. annd most dont really care about compsci as a comunity so they are not trying really hard to post all their stuff or to make stuff to post...

like rite now if i didn;t have compsci... i woulnd't be making half the stuff i am rite now... cuz whats the point??? ur making it so u know u can make it... but then u dont get the positive feedback and praise for making it...

and these days.. when u make something cool.. ur compsci class really dont care as much....

it will get better next year but with the upshift in java etc...

we need to try to get to know the users better so they WANT to post here... and WANT to make thoise programs...

well thats my opinion

-kevin
Paul

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 8:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I didn't know anyone... I was just 1/4 of the way thru my grade 10 compsci course.
octopi

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Dan, you got it wrong....we don't blame the spam forum, for everything bad, we blame you, remember? j/k

Seriously, I think this sites getting worse, maybe its just my wild antics, thats causing this negative trend, wait its dans fault.

My theory is that...well, I don't know...I loved programming until like grade 11, after that it just died off for me, I still do it, but I hate it with a passion. Maybe its because I started being forced to do it everyday(my own fault)...and not when I had a good idea, or something. I can still code fast, and good, I just hate it.... The only reason I still stick around here is for the originals (tony, dan, delta, blade), and for the arguements (amailer, greenapplesodaex, the newer users, and a few not worthy of mention).
Catalyst

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i didnt know anyone either, and i joined at the end of my gr.10 course
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well it was a thought....

octopi is here because he knows them...

the one person not on my list Sad

yea.. well.. things should brighten up by september because all the pl over summer aiwll be thinking new program ideas.. then once they in compsci in school.. theyll make TONS ....
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 10:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ahh, for me I have .. actually stopped like programming... ahh It's when school got really anoying really, but im sure Ill start once again during the summer Very Happy
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 5 of 6  [ 82 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: