Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Animation At Regular Intervals-Characters and Scrolling Map
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
GreenTiger

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 11:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Okay, I'm still working in 3.11 (sorry if I'm making you guys throwback your tech just for me) and I've got it pretty good.

I'm having slight difficulty with the character's legs being shoved further into his stomach after he STOPS moving, but it seems fine before and after the movement.

Getting rid of the strange flicker would be nice, but unneccessary.

By the way, any suggestions for collison dection, right now he will walk straight through any walls...I started working with some if statements, but the'res gotta be a better way to do it, right? Like bounding boxes of some sort? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

<EDIT: The attachment still doesn't like me on a regular basis, so I uploaded the file on my site.

Here's the address:
www.ccc.horizonhouse.ca/CompSci/splice.zip
Here's the comment:
I rewrote one of my classes pretty much from scratch, then spliced it with the original, then used a combination of new and original code in other files to get it to run. The result is this splice...on it's way to being an Action RPG but still a long way to go.>

<EDIT 2: Okay, my file didn't upload right (figures) so I'll try putting it back up as soon as I get home todays from soccer at 6:something-ish. Ignore me until then.>
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 3:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i take it whatdotcolor is out of the question??? bummer... although i made my pacman wall boundaries b4 i knew what whatdotcolor was... Sad

works good for me:
grid of area using coords..

r0/c0 c1 c2 c3
r1
r2
r3
r4

then u can just use copy and paste tons of times...

say tere s a wall from c0>c2 at r2 then.,.,.

code:

c0 := 0
c1 := 50
c2 := 100
c3 := 140
r0 := 0
r1 := 50
r2 := 50
if guy moving down then
if guyx = c0 and guyy = r2 then
move := false
elsif guyx = c1 and guyy = r2 then
elsif guyx = c2 and guyy = r2 then
end if
if move not = false then
guyy -= 25
end if
end if

well that worked for me... maybe it can work for u.. hopefully....

of course... use an array..
var r,c : array 0 .. 15 of int

* i started my pacman without the knowledge of arrays then it was too hard to convert into array for r and c so i said screw it... Sad

now for the flicker... are u using cls or drawing a black box over the old picture.... cls = bad.....

but then also.. if u had newer turing u can View.Update... Sad

hope that all helps u out...
GreenTiger

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't know about whatdotcolour...it all seems to be a fad to me...don't see why so many peeps use it for colision detection...maybe other stuffs...

anyways, yeah, it's out of the question...I'll consider your idea, but I'm not sure it'd work for mine...

Actually, I'm going back to using a full-fledged physics engine (Delat told me it wouldn't be worth it) and now my collision detection seems to work great!

(Music and Writer's Craft have gotten in the way of me FULLY testing it, but it works for a few, so it should work for ALL (that's my idea of efficent coding, and a standard I try to hold throughout my code) course, the problem is that maybe I just THINK they're working, and they're really screwing up...and if one screws up, they all will.)

I'll check it after I've finished rendering these weapons here.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 4 of 4  [ 48 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: