Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Texture Pool
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 3D Graphics
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
GreenTiger

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 4:20 pm   Post subject: Texture Pool

Okay dues, I just had a thought while I was looking desperately for this great texture I found a few days ago (but lost in the crash) Why don't we all pool our textures online here as others request for them? I mean someone could say "I need denim, and like 10 ppls bring in their collection of denim textures (repeats may be unavoidable, can probably can be worked out)

So what do you think, cool idea?

Okay, right now I'm looking for a white hair texture. The perfect one that I found a few days ago (perfect for this specific character anyways) was simply called knit.jpg, and it looked like two white threads of yarn knitted around each other in a very simple one-over-the-other pattern. I found it originally on google's image search, but I can't find it at all now, and white hair textures can be hard to come by. I tried editing one for myself, but I kind of need it fast and I was going nowhere with it.

So while I take care of other things, does anyone have a good white hair texture? A small number of bits (take a look at how many I have) will go to the better ones!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 5:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

donno how much you can find there, but DevArt
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 5:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/IO_TTVol_01.html
GreenTiger

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 8:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks Tony, I appreciate the thought, but I already checked on DeviatArt and they didn't really seem to have what I was looking for...

even still, for being the first one to add something here (and that site will be useful to others, I'm sure) I'll donate 10 bits (enough for 5 Shave-and-a-Haircut s Laughing )

Catalyst gets a few more bits for showing me a side of Nvidia I didn't know existed! Thanks, hope that site adds more plugins and textures soonish!

Tony + 10 bits
Catalyst + 14 bits
(Yeah, I know you don't REALLY need them, but you deserve them, and a little more)

But I still don't really have a good white hair texture, after all that. It seems they have every colour BUT!!

Oh well, I've subbed in for now with a white rope texture that looks okayish...it'll do for now...but now I'm having some IK problems too...oi...
Tony

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 1:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Laughing
GreenTiger - notice that admin under my username? Wink it's there for a reason Very Happy
*bits bounce off tony's static bit amount shield*
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
GreenTiger

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 2:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh really? I didn't know that you made you unable to get bits...

<sniffling> so you don't accept my donation of bits? Puppy Dog Eyes

lol j/k
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 3D Graphics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: