Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Animation At Regular Intervals-Characters and Scrolling Map
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Delta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shut up eh? oh thats it... I'm gonna talk to you on
msn because your just becoming a nucense! Wink
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
GreenTiger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Now, now. No flaming. (Never thought I'd have to say that to another Mod)

Anyways, no, I'm not using any graphical processes...and yes, I would be drawing the tiles offscreen as well...but I havn't made my maps that big yet...and it still flickers too much for my liking.

I guess if my teacher forces me to use 3.11, tho, maybe that's the best I can do...

Maybe I could use that arguement to coerce him into helping me... Twisted Evil

Alright, I could still use some help...is there any way to get music to loop *perfectly* ? I got my delay between each song down to like a half a second or so...but... that's still some dead time.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i have not been flowing this topic long but have to checked to see if ur musick files have any dead time at the being or end? b/c that whould do it.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Delta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

who cares about a lil dead spot... it doesn't matter... just think if you did what I told you to do in the longer post I wrote ... then you wouldn't have these problems as much... but whatever... don't listen to me I don't know anything Wink
GreenTiger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That was THE first thing I checked...(actually, maybe the second)...but yeah, I made sure there was like no dead time...it happens for both wave and midi files.
Delta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I dunno about you guys... but ya... I don't have any music :S
GreenTiger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, Didn't mean that. Trust me when I say I'm taking EVERY single one of your ideas into consideration.

Thing is, this was like in a seperate program I was using to test the looping of music...so like nothing else was running...

but I guess you're right, for a school project (even if it is a final) some dead time shouldn't matter much.

I'm the only one using isometric views anyway...that should be enough
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what if you wrote it in v3.1 for your teacher to read the code but then add in double buffering(litteray 2 lines of code) and compile that in v4.x for the demonstration purposes just to get rid of flicker? Thinking
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
GreenTiger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Perfect. <Evil thin smile crawls across the villain's lips>

Ok, Delat's gonna let me use the latest version of it, but he says that he wishes me luck...apparantly he thinks 4.03 is really buggy...

<Oh, yeah, I'm typing this from my CompSci class right now.>

So then, where do I download the LATEST version of Turing?
McKenzie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Turing 4.0.5(download)
GreenTiger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Okay thanks. I've finished getting the new WINOOT and skimming thru it's new features. I've dled DanSprites...and I still have a question. What determins the height that the sprites are at (I'm guessing that the 'height' term = 'layers' like in other languages and photoshop, right?)
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yea it does, me and Tony had a funny misunderstanding about that.
I couldn't find a height setting in DanSprite Sad
I think thats why when 2 sprites were in the same position, the image wouldn't erase in my "whack the man" game using DanSprite. You can ask dan though. It would prolly work well if you don't have 2 sprites at the same space, I'm still not sure about the height though. (wouldn't depth be a better term?)
poly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what he's letting you use the new updated turing? He said he didnt want me coding in that, i HAVE to use 3.1... it sucks we have 4.blah on the computers but aparently its way too buggy to use and he's too cheap to let us all download the FREE patch for it (on holts site)
Raugrist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That's slightly ridiculous. Turing is bound to be buggy no matter which version you use, and there's little sense in giving up features for "greater stability". Unless you prefer fullscreen mode to View.Update.
GreenTiger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yea, depth or layers would proly be better...I don't know...does the higher number mean it's closer to the front or farther?

Anyways, I'm not going to dis it, apparantly it's great...(I mean, I just got it and tried it out...and if it does what Holtsoft couldn't do (like everyone's saying it does) then as far as I'm concerned, it's great)...I mean, whenever a third party surpasses the original producer, by my standards, that is the ultimate level any programmer can/should hope to acheive in a programming language.

Dan, salutes to you!

<Edit: Oh, BTW; I was just trying out DanSprites, and as near as I can tell, you can put sprites on top of each other...? At least that's what it looks like...I took Dan's sprite display tester thingie and played around wit it some...or is that something else going on there? Note; the earlier the image is mentioned, the closer it is the front...connection to height maybe??>

spritetest.t
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  spritetest.t
 Filesize:  1.3 KB
 Downloaded:  83 Time(s)

Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 4  [ 48 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: